Future of Air Cargo and Trade
What is the future of trade? How is air cargo being impacted? What trends are shaping international trade?
Our suite of trade solutions and services helps our clients understand the business impacts and provides the tools they need to make business decisions.
IHS Markit estimates had shown world real GDP growth slowing from 3.2% in 2018 to 2.6% in 2019, an expected decrease in 2020, and then picking up again in 2021. The world growth rates in 2019 and 2020 for real GDP, trade volume and real value are below CAGR for the period 2005 - 18 which is indicative of a global slowdown. The stronger recovery is visible in forecasts for 2021. How has the outlook been impacted? What are other emerging trends in global trade?
How have specific industries been impacted by COVID-19?
Understanding the impact of COVID-19 by industry is increasingly important. From the EU cereal supply chain, to the UK fishing industry, and exports of pharmaceuticals, international trade data provides insights into emerging trends.
Key factors influencing global trade
While COVID-19 is driving high levels of uncertainty to global trade, other key factors can affect the global and regional forecasts.
- Global trade policy, to include presidential elections that could influence policy moving forward
- Trade tensions with China
- Brexit and eventual consequences it could induce in the UK and globally
What questions can you expect to answer through Global Trade Forecasting with IHS Markit analysis?
- How do trade agreements of international organizations affect trade?
- How will Brexit affect international trade?
- How will sanctions affect international trade?
- What current trends are being driven by global trade?
- What are long term trends in world trade?
- What business decisions should I make based on international trade?
See how IHS Markit Maritime & Trade can help you understand the future impacts of trade, supply-chain, logistics, compliance, defense, procurement and other maritime industry topics.
Blogs & AnalysisView All
Total United States grain exports to China lower year-on-year, but there is a silver lining
Top 10 economies: Q2 2020 the worst quarter on record in trade with first signs of a sustained but very gradual upturn
Agnieszka Maciejewska, M.A.
Economics Manager, GTA Forecasting Team Lead, Maritime & Trade, IHS Markit