The IHS Markit Compliance+ module for the EU-28 provides comprehensive fleet CO2 forecasts, assessments and analytics along with an appropriate ranking of car manufacturers on a yearly basis against their sales-weighted fleet CO2 target performance.
Powered with leading-class intelligence, the dataset enables a contribution breakdown of car manufacturers of their target achievement at vehicle, nameplate, body-type, powertrain design and fuel-type level, and is forecasted through the current year, plus 7 years.
Compliance+ is staged via a Tableau Web Portal and helps you understand the complexity of compliance across four key assessments:
- Fleet-average CO2 forecast assessment illustrated at various levels to fit clients’ workflow
- Gap-to-target analysis with penalty assessment breakdowns
- Illustration of combined CO2 technical, homologated and strategic optimization deployment, providing a NET performance prognosis
- Contribution analysis at technology, segment, body-type, and fuel-type levels and more
*For the United States, this functionality is included in Compliance Tech
There are multiple routes to achieve vehicle compliance. The Compliance Tech module lets automakers model three pathways based on IHS Markit pre-defined rules. The module shows automakers were they are at a fleet level – and what technologies to apply to achieve compliance. For suppliers, it identifies automakers in need of their solution. The Compliance Tech module from IHS Markit offers:
- Optimized technology pathways based on efficiency bundles to achieve fuel economy targets
- Current headline technology landscape and possible future technology roadmaps relating to vehicle energy reduction vs powertrain efficiency improvement
- Energy Walk for the only plausible option that enables an automaker to meet target
- Rolled up fleet compliance for all three technology pathways—mechanical technologies, electrification, and fleet mix/credits—assessed for non-compliant years
The Compliance Co$t module enables financial planners to understand the overall investment of the technology required for achieving CO2 compliance based on the three specified routes outlined in the Compliance Tech module.
The cost estimates are derived using appropriate “cost model” data points aggregated to investment into the vehicle platform, nameplate and compliance parent level on a year-on-year basis.
- The Compliance Co$t module allows financial analysts to comprehend the overall investment on technology required for achieving CO2 compliance based on three specified routes: mechanical technologies, electrification, and fleet mix/credits
- Cost estimates on technology investments are derived with appropriate “cost model” data points aggregated to investment on vehicle platform, nameplate and compliance parent level on year-on-year basis
- All cost data points on efficiency improvement technology options are modelled and forecasted using IHS Markit data points, covering exogenous (market specific) and endogenous (OEM specific) factors affecting the cost of investment on a technology
- The Compliance Co$t module enables robust and quick investment choice options for early Product planning phases with an oversight on competitor value for money compliance routes