RT @IHSMarkitChem: Join us for a combined event featuring expert insight - from upstream business reviews to downstream technical applicati…
Winter Storm Uri Leaves It's Mark on Midstream Operations
Texas Oil and Gas producers and Midstream companies alike were suppressed by blustery winter event last week that took down the power grid and halted much of the movement of hydrocarbons through the large pipeline systems and LNG of the large producing state.
Many of the state's Liquefied natural gas (LNG) capabilities operations were shuttered including Cheniere LNG Inc's Corpus Christi LNG plant. Other LNG plants in the area are looking forward quicker recovery as the delivery issues due to the cold weather turned away LNG vessels.
Mexico Imports from Texas
Likewise, imports of natural gas to Mexico were slowed down from Texas transporting through the major lines into Mexico's systems supplying parts of Northeast Mexico, which is also felt the effect of the cold weather systems.
North and South
By the end of the record-breaking cold week, deliveries on the Nueva Era Border Pipeline operated by Howard Midstream Energy Partners LLC, between the United States and Mexico are returning to normal delivering to Northeast Mexico. In the meantime, TC Energy, Operator of the Foothills Pipeline System and the Nova Gas System, have capability to send large natural gas shipments to the USA from British Columbia and Alberta, Canada.
This data and insight was derived from IHS Markit's Midstream Essentials database. For more information, visit ihsmarkit.com/midstream
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Lost in translation: Inconsistencies continue to limit the usefulness of oil and gas GHG estimation and reporting
- Volatilities in South Korea's future wholesale power prices: Driving renewable profitability in the coming years
- Gulf hydrocarbon producers stare down the energy transition
- The Permian Wave
- China’s new action plan to deepen price reform: A policy continuity with new tasks
- Infographic – Wind recycling: Market overview
- India’s preparedness for large-scale EV adoption: An assessment of future challenges and opportunities
- Modest Canadian 2021 gas production outlook suggests stable prices, even without workaround for pipeline bottlenecks
How are your well abandonment campaigns stacking up against your competition? Are you implementing the most effecti… https://t.co/ZjV8SyCJKq