We're excited to announce the July launch of our Investor Relations platform - Capital Access. The intelligence an… https://t.co/Usr6fbIvXu
Will value’s run prove non-transitory?
Research Signals - May 2021
Inflation fears remain the main theme in global markets, though major equity markets have extended their gains for the year. Investors are increasingly optimistic on an improving economic outlook, including that captured by a strong upswing in the J.P.Morgan Global Manufacturing PMI, led by solid expansions in the eurozone, UK and US. However, the survey continues to point towards increased inflationary pressures, as confirmed by the steepest rise in input costs for over a decade and record inflation of selling prices. While Fed officials maintain the view that inflation is largely driven by transitory factors, similar questions remain on the transitory nature of another key theme to markets surrounding the staying power of the current value cycle (Table 1).
- US: Strong performance was posted across value factors, including Book-to-Market for large caps and TTM Free Cash Flow-to-Enterprise Value for small caps
- Developed Europe: Forward 12-M EPS-to-Enterprise Value was a top performing Deep Value factor, while Rational Decay Alpha sat at the opposite extreme of Price Momentum factors
- Developed Pacific: In Japan, investors have consistently taken on higher risk, as confirmed by negative spreads to 60-Month Beta in 10 of the last 12 months
- Emerging markets: Investors demonstrated a renewed interest in large cap names, as gauged by Natural Logarithm of Market Capitalization, in addition to firms with high 2-Year Ahead EPS Growth
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- IHS Markit Announces July Launch of Investor Relations Capital Access Platform
- 4 Best Practices to Reverse Rising Compliance Costs for Banks
- Daily Global Market Summary - 21 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 18 June 2021
- Clients of IHS Markit’s thinkFolio get access to pre-trade liquidity insights with Lucera’s LumeALFA Analytics and Neptune Axes
- Daily Global Market Summary - 17 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 16 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 15 June 2021
Join our webinar session tomorrow, Tuesday, 22 June, to hear about our new data set, Dynamic Tolerance Data, which… https://t.co/RcQHCciEvI