We're excited to announce the July launch of our Investor Relations platform - Capital Access. The intelligence an… https://t.co/Usr6fbIvXu
Will Stocks Fall if Capital Gains Tax Rates are Raised?
By Alexander Yokum
President Joe Biden is considering a hefty increase in capital gains tax rates. Biden's proposal would raise the maximum capital gains rate up to 43.4% from the current rate of 23.8%. This would mark a steep increase and would be the highest level since the 1920's when capital gains income was subject to a maximum rate of 77%.
IHS Markit analyzed the potential impact of this proposal by looking at previous tax rate changes since the 1950's. Key highlights include: a resilient stock market during high and low tax periods and an increase of realized capital gains in periods before taxes are raised. Download the full report
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- IHS Markit Announces July Launch of Investor Relations Capital Access Platform
- 4 Best Practices to Reverse Rising Compliance Costs for Banks
- Daily Global Market Summary - 21 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 18 June 2021
- Clients of IHS Markit’s thinkFolio get access to pre-trade liquidity insights with Lucera’s LumeALFA Analytics and Neptune Axes
- Daily Global Market Summary - 17 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 16 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 15 June 2021
Join our webinar session tomorrow, Tuesday, 22 June, to hear about our new data set, Dynamic Tolerance Data, which… https://t.co/RcQHCciEvI