Whitepaper: COVID-19 and Brexit Impacts on the UK Food Supply Chain this Winter
The UK Government's third unilateral deadline to agree a Brexit deal with the EU came and went in the middle of October. At the same time, the ongoing COVID-19 crisis has necessitated local lockdowns and/or short-term circuit breakers for more than half of the UK population. How will this "perfect storm" of Brexit and COVID-19 impact on the UK's food supply this coming winter?
In this whitepaper, Dylan Bradley, Director, Agribusiness Consulting, discusses the likely impacts of these developments on demand, manufacturing and supply logistics, and food prices, and provides a short-term outlook on the impacts to food retailers.
- Webcast: Rising Input Costs and Breakeven for US Hogs
- Possible winners and losers in the volatile apple juice market
- Agri-food giants demand EU rejects restrictions on labelling dairy alternatives
- Sen. Boozman predicts chamber will ‘get a lot of good things done’ on ag policy in 2021
- Webcast: Expectations from Washington DC on A Trade and Policy Landscape
- Outlook 2021: A critical year for the European Commission’s plan for a sustainable food system
- OUTLOOK 2021: Assessing the Washington policy landscape
- Webcast: January WASDE Report Expectations from IHS Markit Food and Agricultural Commodities