Video: Which power markets are most attractive for renewables investment?
In this video, a dynamic chart shows part of the analysis that S&P Global Commodity Insights conducted to identify the most attractive markets for renewables investment globally. Experts assessed the promise of different markets using a coherent set of scoring parameters and depending on risk appetite and business interests. This video shows scores for a sample of 12 markets (US, Germany, Spain, China, Japan, India, Vietnam, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, and Morocco) and 4 parameters (Ease of Business, Profitability, Accommodation, and Regulation).
Assessments of the full lists of 35 markets, 3 technologies and 18 parameters are available as part of our global power and renewables research. Learn more by visiting our service page.
Want to try our insights out for yourself? Sign up for our Climate and Sustainability Hub to access samples of our energy research and analysis.
Etienne Gabel, a senior director at S&P Global Commodity Insights with the Global Power and Renewables team, specializes in the analysis of market and regulatory developments in power sectors worldwide.
Rama Zakaria is associate director of Global Power and Renewables at S&P Global Commodity Insights.
Posted 28 June 2022
This article was published by S&P Global Commodity Insights and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- Supporting the development of ASEAN economies: Understanding the strong power demand growth in the region
- Whitepaper: Module Level Power Electronics
- A standardised approach to FPS building
- Southeast Asian countries have floated prospects on clean energy transition to resolve the energy dilemma
- Global Power and Renewables Research Highlights, July 2022: Renewable hotspots, decarbonization efforts and challenges
- The recent surprisingly expensive FPSO bids in Brazil, are actually the new normal
- The Great Jackup Revamp
- Will Somalia's above-ground risks blunt its E&P licensing prospects?