Although the majority of households still expect the next BoE move to be a rise, the share expecting the MPC's next… https://t.co/SZkxEldla5
Week Ahead Asia Pacific Economic Preview: Week of 13 August 2018
- China industrial production, retail sales and investment data
- Bank Indonesia policy meeting
- UK labour market update, including employee earnings
- US industrial production and retail sales
- Eurozone GDP
The week ahead sees important official data updates to the health of the US and Chinese economies at the start of the third quarter, as well as UK labour market data and an update to Eurozone GDP. From a policymaking perspective, the spotlight rests in Indonesia, where the central bank meets to set interest rates in a climate of increasing pressure on emerging market currencies.
This note also includes a special feature this week on China's banking sector and the extent to which the recent rise in SME lending poses risks.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Global copper users output index nears ten-year low prompting growth worries
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 18 February 2019
- Official data for the UK add to signs of economy at risk of contracting
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 11 February 2019
- Global slowdown gathers pace at start of 2019
- Global economy loses further momentum at start of 2019
- PMI surveys show UK economy stalling at start of 2019
- Global Manufacturing PMI at 2½ year low as business conditions worsen in one-in-three countries
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
The UK Household Finance Index continues to signal deteriorating financial health, falling to lowest since Mar '18.… https://t.co/krkVYLNlZs
Slowing UK economic growth seen in Q4 intensified in January according to our latest survey data, with Brexit uncer… https://t.co/Grp64uQFXZ