🇬🇧 Recent UK employment data showing the fastest fall in job numbers in 4 years was highlighted by earlier evidence… https://t.co/jLH8TCQZ5T
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 8 April 2019
- China, Taiwan and Philippines trade data
- Singapore reports Q1 GDP and monetary policy
- Japan machinery orders
- Special report focuses on the headwinds facing the APAC export sector
The release of trade data across several Asian economies, as well as the European Central Bank monetary policy meeting, will be the main highlights of the coming week. Singapore's advanced release of first quarter GDP and monetary policy meeting will also gather interest.
In Asia, other key data highlights include Japan's machinery orders, South Korea's jobless rate, plus inflation figures for China, India and Taiwan and industrial production in Malaysia. India will meanwhile kickstart its five-week voting period on 11 April.
Elsewhere, the minutes to the March FOMC meeting will be released, alongside US data such as inflation and factory orders.
This week's special report looks at the various headwinds facing the Asia-Pacific region's exporters, and the factors affecting the outlook.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 21 October 2019
- UK employment falls at fastest rate for four years as hiring trend cools
- Greece remains top of worldwide manufacturing PMI rankings, but reforms needed to boost investment
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 14 October 2019
- Global copper users output strengthens, but demand pressures remain weak
- Global growth at three-year low as weakness spills over to services
- UK economy to avoid recession, but weaker growth trend evident
- Caixin PMI shows Chinese business activity growth quicken to five-month high
Our latest Week Ahead Economic Preview includes US and Eurozone industrial production numbers, Brexit developments,… https://t.co/UjmHPEDChO