🇺🇸 U.S industrial production continued to contract at the start of the third quarter according to the latest offici… https://t.co/wop1XXCIfh
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 8 April 2019
- China, Taiwan and Philippines trade data
- Singapore reports Q1 GDP and monetary policy
- Japan machinery orders
- Special report focuses on the headwinds facing the APAC export sector
The release of trade data across several Asian economies, as well as the European Central Bank monetary policy meeting, will be the main highlights of the coming week. Singapore's advanced release of first quarter GDP and monetary policy meeting will also gather interest.
In Asia, other key data highlights include Japan's machinery orders, South Korea's jobless rate, plus inflation figures for China, India and Taiwan and industrial production in Malaysia. India will meanwhile kickstart its five-week voting period on 11 April.
Elsewhere, the minutes to the March FOMC meeting will be released, alongside US data such as inflation and factory orders.
This week's special report looks at the various headwinds facing the Asia-Pacific region's exporters, and the factors affecting the outlook.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Malaise in Germany helps drive Czech manufacturing downturn
- Zambian economy continues to struggle at start of third quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 19 August 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts Update 15th August 2019: Nowcasts suggest economic weakness has stretched into third quarter
- UK economy slides into decline in second quarter
- PMI survey comments show mounting global pessimism
- Global economy lifted by services but hit by steepening decline in manufacturing
- Hong Kong PMI signals worst downturn for over a decade in July amid trade wars, protests
Global business uncertainty continues to build, as isolated troubles in Asia add to ongoing tensions from trade war… https://t.co/I1DkQVphPO