Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 5 November 2018
- US FOMC decides interest rates, alongside Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand
- Worldwide IHS Markit PMI services surveys
- Indonesia, Philippines and UK Q3 GDP
- China trade and CPI updates
- Special focus on China's ageing population
Next week's economic diary is a busy one, including the US FOMC meeting and the worldwide release of October services PMI surveys. A number of countries in Asia also publish third quarter GDP figures, while several regional central banks set monetary policy.
Other data highlights for Asia include trade numbers for China, Taiwan, Malaysia and the Philippines, while will be eyed for the impact of trade wars, as well as inflation figures for China, Taiwan and the Philippines. There will also be a focus on the monetary policy meeting minutes of the Bank of Japan.
Elsewhere, GDP and house prices data are published for the UK, as well as German factory orders and trade plus euro area retail sales.
Our special focus this week looks at the economic and social challenges facing China as its old age dependency ratio rises over the next three decades.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Investigating IHS Markit PMI™ and ISM divergences
- Businesses reveal growing uncertainty worldwide
- Brexit-exposed sectors in Ireland suffer as Brexit day approaches
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 21 January 2019
- Eurozone flash PMI to provide ECB policy guidance at start of 2019
- 'Gilets jaunes' protests hit output and labour market
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 14 January 2019
- Metals Users PMI points to falling world growth and lower prices in 2019
Our Household Finance Index for the shows further woes for the UK at the start of the year. Expectations remain dow… https://t.co/o8Dwp3fucw
HEADS UP: ECB policy meeting follows the release of eurozone flash PMI data a week today. The recent trend of slowe… https://t.co/auNB3SK768