Read what our economists are looking at in the global economic calendar for next week, which includes flash PMI dat… https://t.co/hvFuRpOXOC
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 4 March 2019
- Services PMI surveys to provide more colour on global growth trends
- Australia, Malaysia and ECB monetary policy
- GDP figures in Australia, Japan, South Korea and Europe
- Special report on copper demand and global growth
The worldwide release of February service sector PMI surveys will provide more colour to global economic developments and inflation trends during the first quarter. Monetary policy meetings in Australia and Malaysia will meanwhile also be in focus amid increasing expectations for Asian central banks to reverse tighter monetary policy. The European Central Bank will likewise decide on monetary policy.
Key official data releases include Australia's GDP figures as well as updates to growth estimates for Japan, South Korea and the Euro area. In Asia, other notable data releases included trade data in China, Taiwan and Malaysia. Elsewhere, financial markets will keep an eye on US nonfarm payroll and unemployment data.
Our special report this week looks at what the near-ten year low in the output of heavy copper users means for global growth.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 23 September 2019
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 September 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Recession risk in Germany increases
- Global growth backtracks to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 September 2019
- Global growth close to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Eurozone PMI signals weak and fragile third quarter expansion
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast