Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 3 September 2018
- Worldwide release of IHS Markit PMI surveys
- Australia and Malaysia monetary policy meetings
- Inflation updates for Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Taiwan
- US non-farm payrolls and wage growth
- Special focus on China's 'Belt and Road'
The coming week sees the worldwide release of IHS Markit's August PMI surveys, providing clues as to economic performance and price trends in the third quarter. Analysts will also keenly monitor inflation updates for several Asian countries, as well as monetary policy decisions from Australia and Malaysia. Other highlights include US jobs and earnings data as well as second quarter growth updates for the Eurozone.
With rising trade tensions, our special focus this week delves into the issues that China is facing in Asia Pacific relating to its Belt and Road Initiative.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 23 September 2019
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 September 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Recession risk in Germany increases
- Global growth backtracks to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 September 2019
- Global growth close to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Eurozone PMI signals weak and fragile third quarter expansion
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
🇺🇸 Flash US PMI rose to 51.0 in September (50.7 - Aug) to signal only a modest rise in private sector output. New o… https://t.co/CWx5oNEXBW
🇪🇺 Flash Eurozone PMI ⬇️ to 50.4 in September (51.9 in August) signalling that the region is close to stalling at t… https://t.co/npsFG3CN7Z