Global Copper Users PMI Output Index dips to decade low at start of 2019, presenting a further sign of slowing grow… https://t.co/mnRNlUzomu
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 3 September 2018
- Worldwide release of IHS Markit PMI surveys
- Australia and Malaysia monetary policy meetings
- Inflation updates for Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Taiwan
- US non-farm payrolls and wage growth
- Special focus on China's 'Belt and Road'
The coming week sees the worldwide release of IHS Markit's August PMI surveys, providing clues as to economic performance and price trends in the third quarter. Analysts will also keenly monitor inflation updates for several Asian countries, as well as monetary policy decisions from Australia and Malaysia. Other highlights include US jobs and earnings data as well as second quarter growth updates for the Eurozone.
With rising trade tensions, our special focus this week delves into the issues that China is facing in Asia Pacific relating to its Belt and Road Initiative.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Global copper users output index nears ten-year low prompting growth worries
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 18 February 2019
- Official data for the UK add to signs of economy at risk of contracting
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 11 February 2019
- Global slowdown gathers pace at start of 2019
- Global economy loses further momentum at start of 2019
- PMI surveys show UK economy stalling at start of 2019
- Global Manufacturing PMI at 2½ year low as business conditions worsen in one-in-three countries
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Although the majority of households still expect the next BoE move to be a rise, the share expecting the MPC's next… https://t.co/SZkxEldla5
The UK Household Finance Index continues to signal deteriorating financial health, falling to lowest since Mar '18.… https://t.co/krkVYLNlZs