Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 27 August 2018
- Bank of Korea policy meeting
- India second quarter GDP release
- Japan's production, retail and jobless data
- US GDP and price data updates
- Special focus on US-China trade war
The coming week sees important updates to Japan's economic data flow, as well as second quarter economic growth for India. Policy action comes from South Korea. Other highlights include second quarter growth and price updates for the US, as well as inflation numbers for the Eurozone.
With policy decisions and economic trends likely to be influenced by on-going trade tensions, our special focus this week delves deeper into the escalating US trade spat with China.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: email@example.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 23 September 2019
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 September 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Recession risk in Germany increases
- Global growth backtracks to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 September 2019
- Global growth close to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Eurozone PMI signals weak and fragile third quarter expansion
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
🇺🇸 Flash US PMI rose to 51.0 in September (50.7 - Aug) to signal only a modest rise in private sector output. New o… https://t.co/CWx5oNEXBW