Our UK Household Finance Index signals the greatest degree of negativity towards current finances in over 1 yr. Loo… https://t.co/DfdtzsoHSu
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 24 September 2018
- US Fed set to hike interest rates
- Caixin China PMI and industrial profits
- The Philippines, Taiwan and New Zealand central bank monetary policy meetings
- BOJ meeting minutes
- Special focus on US-China trade war
Caixin manufacturing PMI data will provide an important steer into the health of China's economy at the end of the third quarter amid rising trade disputes, in a week that also sees the FOMC and a number of Asia Pacific central banks meet to set monetary policy. Other data highlights for Asia include Vietnam's third quarter GDP, China's industrial profits and a clutch of economic statistics for Japan and Taiwan.
Our special focus this week looks at the intensifying trade war between the US and China.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 18 March 2019
- Week Ahead Global Economic Preview - Week of 18 March 2019
- Manufacturing and trade act as drags on global economy
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 11 March 2019
- Australia PMI data reinforce central bank's shift to neutral policy stance
- Global economy buoyed as service sector gains offset factory slowdown
- IHS Markit PMI signals improved US GDP growth and faster hiring in February
- UK PMI surveys show economy close to stalling in first quarter as outlook darkens