Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 24 September 2018
- US Fed set to hike interest rates
- Caixin China PMI and industrial profits
- The Philippines, Taiwan and New Zealand central bank monetary policy meetings
- BOJ meeting minutes
- Special focus on US-China trade war
Caixin manufacturing PMI data will provide an important steer into the health of China's economy at the end of the third quarter amid rising trade disputes, in a week that also sees the FOMC and a number of Asia Pacific central banks meet to set monetary policy. Other data highlights for Asia include Vietnam's third quarter GDP, China's industrial profits and a clutch of economic statistics for Japan and Taiwan.
Our special focus this week looks at the intensifying trade war between the US and China.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 20 May 2019
- UK job market shows signs of cooling as uncertainty hits demand for staff
- Domestic demand expected to drive Greek manufacturing growth in 2019
- Aluminium price fall to gain momentum in second quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 13 May 2019
- PMI signals further near-stalling of global manufacturing at start of second quarter
- Service sector drives Chinese economic growth at start of second quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 6 May 2019
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
🇬🇧 UK consumer spending ⬇️ 0.5% on the year in April, slightly quicker than the reduction seen in March. Clothing &… https://t.co/I3husqL2pi
🇬🇷Domestic demand expected to support further industrial production growth in Greece in 2019, amid difficult global… https://t.co/SIUvVlgVSR