🇺🇸 US Flash PMI falls to 6-month low of 54.3⬇️, from 55.5 - Feb. Factory slowdown again apparent here, with goods p… https://t.co/EnAn8fX8hx
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 22 October 2018
- Release of IHS Markit flash PMI surveys
- Bank Indonesia decides on monetary policy, as do ECB and Turkey
- US and South Korea Q3 GDP
- Inflation data for Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong
- Special focus on South Korea's aging population and its economic impact
The coming week sees the release of the flash October PMI surveys, which will provide important steers on economic growth and inflation trends in major economies at the start of the fourth quarter, as well as third quarter GDP numbers for the US. The ECB and Turkey are meanwhile meeting to set monetary policy, but in Asia eyes are focused on Bank Indonesia amid recent reports of capital controls.
Other data highlights for Asia include South Korean GDP, export orders, industrial output and retail sales data for Taiwan, as well as inflation figures for Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
Our special focus this week looks at the economic impact of ageing demographics in South Korea.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 25 March 2019
- IHS Markit US PMI signals greatest pressure on corporate earnings since 2016
- Euro falls as disappointing flash PMI signals increased recession risk
- Japan's manufacturing production downturn gathers further momentum in March
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 18 March 2019
- Week Ahead Global Economic Preview - Week of 18 March 2019
- Manufacturing and trade act as drags on global economy
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 11 March 2019
🇪🇺 Eurozone Flash PMI falls to 51.3 (51.9 - Feb), with manufacturing sector the primary drag - data pointing to ste… https://t.co/0tb8cJHg6T
🇩🇪 Flash Germany PMI falls to near 6-yr low in March, down to 51.5 (52.8 - Feb). Service sector growth remains some… https://t.co/fkIQeLBBqW