IHS Markit US PMI surveys signal steep rises in charges and input prices amid trade tensions, higher wage costs and… https://t.co/QUJDWTv3YJ
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 22 October 2018
- Release of IHS Markit flash PMI surveys
- Bank Indonesia decides on monetary policy, as do ECB and Turkey
- US and South Korea Q3 GDP
- Inflation data for Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong
- Special focus on South Korea's aging population and its economic impact
The coming week sees the release of the flash October PMI surveys, which will provide important steers on economic growth and inflation trends in major economies at the start of the fourth quarter, as well as third quarter GDP numbers for the US. The ECB and Turkey are meanwhile meeting to set monetary policy, but in Asia eyes are focused on Bank Indonesia amid recent reports of capital controls.
Other data highlights for Asia include South Korean GDP, export orders, industrial output and retail sales data for Taiwan, as well as inflation figures for Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
Our special focus this week looks at the economic impact of ageing demographics in South Korea.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 19 November 2018
- IHS Markit US PMI indicates strong start to fourth quarter
- IHS Markit US PMI selling price index remains near record high
- Emerging Markets: Sub-Saharan Africa feels strain at start of fourth quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 12 November 2018
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 12 November 2018
- Trade downturn keeps global growth close to two-year low
- Widespread contraction in eurozone productivity at start of fourth quarter
Global Metal Users PMI dropped rapidly in October amid trade tensions and slowing global growth, signalling a great… https://t.co/X6oS7wQv9t
Brexit talks are taking centre stage today, but UK CPI numbers just out reveal no change at 2.4% - slightly under t… https://t.co/x5QINMQCaa