Although the majority of households still expect the next BoE move to be a rise, the share expecting the MPC's next… https://t.co/SZkxEldla5
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 20 August 2018
- Flash August PMI data released for Japan, the US and Eurozone
- Thailand GDP and trade data updates
- Taiwan trade numbers eyed for Asian export trends
- FOMC, RBA and ECB meeting minutes
Flash PMI surveys will be a feature of the week, highlighting how Japan, the US and Eurozone are faring midway through the third quarter and hence giving a steer on global economic conditions. In Asia, there's a particular focus on Thailand and Taiwan, with GDP and trade data eagerly awaited. Central bank attention rests on meeting accounts for the FOMC, Reserve Bank of Australia and ECB.
However, markets will no doubt be keenly eyeing developments in Turkey and watching for signs of contagion to other markets. Our Turkish PMI data already show signs of the economy struggling in the face of the country's currency crisis, and our special feature this week looks at which countries look most susceptible to spill-over contagion.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Global copper users output index nears ten-year low prompting growth worries
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 18 February 2019
- Official data for the UK add to signs of economy at risk of contracting
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 11 February 2019
- Global slowdown gathers pace at start of 2019
- Global economy loses further momentum at start of 2019
- PMI surveys show UK economy stalling at start of 2019
- Global Manufacturing PMI at 2½ year low as business conditions worsen in one-in-three countries
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
The UK Household Finance Index continues to signal deteriorating financial health, falling to lowest since Mar '18.… https://t.co/krkVYLNlZs
Slowing UK economic growth seen in Q4 intensified in January according to our latest survey data, with Brexit uncer… https://t.co/Grp64uQFXZ