The release of the advanced estimate for Q1 GDP in the US and the Bank of Japan policy meeting lead the way in our… https://t.co/G45SQ5IOOd
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 20 August 2018
- Flash August PMI data released for Japan, the US and Eurozone
- Thailand GDP and trade data updates
- Taiwan trade numbers eyed for Asian export trends
- FOMC, RBA and ECB meeting minutes
Flash PMI surveys will be a feature of the week, highlighting how Japan, the US and Eurozone are faring midway through the third quarter and hence giving a steer on global economic conditions. In Asia, there's a particular focus on Thailand and Taiwan, with GDP and trade data eagerly awaited. Central bank attention rests on meeting accounts for the FOMC, Reserve Bank of Australia and ECB.
However, markets will no doubt be keenly eyeing developments in Turkey and watching for signs of contagion to other markets. Our Turkish PMI data already show signs of the economy struggling in the face of the country's currency crisis, and our special feature this week looks at which countries look most susceptible to spill-over contagion.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 22 April 2019
- Japanese manufacturing's steep downturn extends into April
- IHS Markit flash US PMI signals weak start to second quarter
- Rebound hopes fade as flash Eurozone PMI signals slow start to second quarter
- UK pay growth hits decade high, but job market set to cool in coming months
- Falling US manufacturing output confirmed by official data
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 15 April 2019
- Softer growth of Malaysian industrial output points to slower GDP expansion
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
🇺🇸 US Composite Flash PMI ⬇️ to 31-month low of 52.8 in April (March: 54.6) as service sector growth saw a marked s… https://t.co/4AV0ukEgMu
🇪🇺 Flash Eurozone PMI falls ⬇️ to 51.3 in April (51.6 - Mar), with first data point for Q2 signalling further slugg… https://t.co/ntkAcw8RTR