🇺🇸 U.S industrial production continued to contract at the start of the third quarter according to the latest offici… https://t.co/wop1XXCIfh
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 18 March 2019
- US FOMC and BoE meetings
- Flash PMIs for US, Japan, Euro-area and Australia
- Several Asian central banks also set monetary policy
- Special report looks at new Indonesia-Australia trade agreement
A week in which the US Fed and the Bank of England meet to set monetary policy also sees the release of flash PMIs for the US, Eurozone, Japan and Australia - as well as the potential for further Brexit drama.
Central bank meetings and flash PMI surveys will lead Asian market moves in the coming week. Four regional central banks hold policy meetings. Other key Asian data releases include inflation for Japan and Malaysia, Taiwan's exports and Japan's trade. Thailand's general elections also take place on 24th March.
Our special report this week looks at the new Indonesia-Australia trade agreement.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Malaise in Germany helps drive Czech manufacturing downturn
- Zambian economy continues to struggle at start of third quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 19 August 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts Update 15th August 2019: Nowcasts suggest economic weakness has stretched into third quarter
- UK economy slides into decline in second quarter
- PMI survey comments show mounting global pessimism
- Global economy lifted by services but hit by steepening decline in manufacturing
- Hong Kong PMI signals worst downturn for over a decade in July amid trade wars, protests
Global business uncertainty continues to build, as isolated troubles in Asia add to ongoing tensions from trade war… https://t.co/I1DkQVphPO