IHS Markit US PMI surveys signal steep rises in charges and input prices amid trade tensions, higher wage costs and… https://t.co/QUJDWTv3YJ
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 17 September 2018
- Release of IHS Markit flash PMI surveys for US, Europe and Japan
- BOJ and BoT set monetary policy
- Japan's trade and inflation numbers
- Taiwan's export orders and trade data from Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore
- Special focus on the impact of Chinese tourism
IHS Markit flash PMI surveys will provide early insights into the performance of major economies at the end of the third quarter, in a week that also sees trade and price data published across the Asia-Pacific region.
Other highlights for Asia include unemployment data for Hong Kong and New Zealand's second quarter GDP numbers. Meanwhile, central banks in Japan and Thailand will meet to set monetary policy.
Our special focus this week looks at the impact of rising Chinese tourism on the rest of Asia.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 19 November 2018
- IHS Markit US PMI indicates strong start to fourth quarter
- IHS Markit US PMI selling price index remains near record high
- Emerging Markets: Sub-Saharan Africa feels strain at start of fourth quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 12 November 2018
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 12 November 2018
- Trade downturn keeps global growth close to two-year low
- Widespread contraction in eurozone productivity at start of fourth quarter
Global Metal Users PMI dropped rapidly in October amid trade tensions and slowing global growth, signalling a great… https://t.co/X6oS7wQv9t
Brexit talks are taking centre stage today, but UK CPI numbers just out reveal no change at 2.4% - slightly under t… https://t.co/x5QINMQCaa