🇺🇸 U.S industrial production continued to contract at the start of the third quarter according to the latest offici… https://t.co/wop1XXCIfh
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 17 September 2018
- Release of IHS Markit flash PMI surveys for US, Europe and Japan
- BOJ and BoT set monetary policy
- Japan's trade and inflation numbers
- Taiwan's export orders and trade data from Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore
- Special focus on the impact of Chinese tourism
IHS Markit flash PMI surveys will provide early insights into the performance of major economies at the end of the third quarter, in a week that also sees trade and price data published across the Asia-Pacific region.
Other highlights for Asia include unemployment data for Hong Kong and New Zealand's second quarter GDP numbers. Meanwhile, central banks in Japan and Thailand will meet to set monetary policy.
Our special focus this week looks at the impact of rising Chinese tourism on the rest of Asia.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Malaise in Germany helps drive Czech manufacturing downturn
- Zambian economy continues to struggle at start of third quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 19 August 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts Update 15th August 2019: Nowcasts suggest economic weakness has stretched into third quarter
- UK economy slides into decline in second quarter
- PMI survey comments show mounting global pessimism
- Global economy lifted by services but hit by steepening decline in manufacturing
- Hong Kong PMI signals worst downturn for over a decade in July amid trade wars, protests
Global business uncertainty continues to build, as isolated troubles in Asia add to ongoing tensions from trade war… https://t.co/I1DkQVphPO