Special Focus reports on European business conditions and Global Manufacturing in our latest Week Ahead, ahead of M… https://t.co/ajFt1bUihb
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 17 September 2018
- Release of IHS Markit flash PMI surveys for US, Europe and Japan
- BOJ and BoT set monetary policy
- Japan's trade and inflation numbers
- Taiwan's export orders and trade data from Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore
- Special focus on the impact of Chinese tourism
IHS Markit flash PMI surveys will provide early insights into the performance of major economies at the end of the third quarter, in a week that also sees trade and price data published across the Asia-Pacific region.
Other highlights for Asia include unemployment data for Hong Kong and New Zealand's second quarter GDP numbers. Meanwhile, central banks in Japan and Thailand will meet to set monetary policy.
Our special focus this week looks at the impact of rising Chinese tourism on the rest of Asia.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Domestic demand drives Chinese economic recovery amid export woes
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 6 July 2020
- Record rise in global manufacturing PMI output index
- Interpreting the manufacturing PMI output indices post-COVID
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 29 June 2020
- Japan stuck in downturn as manufacturing hit by trade woes
- Australian PMI surges into recovery in June, but growth challenges remain
- Flash PMI surveys hint at global economy starting recovery from pandemic