Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 12 November 2018
- Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines decide on interest rates
- Japan, Malaysia and Hong Kong Q3 GDP
- China data updates, including lending, investment and factory output
- Special focus on Malaysia's Budget
Next week continues to see third quarter GDP updates for a number of countries in Asia, including Japan, Malaysia and Hong Kong. Several regional central banks also set monetary policy, while China will release a clutch of economic data that will offer further clues as to the health of the economy after Caixin PMI surveys indicated waning growth momentum.
Other data highlights for Asia include trade numbers for Singapore and Indonesia, as well as India's inflation and trade balance figure, plus South Korea's job data.
Elsewhere, GDP data are published for the Euro area and Germany, alongside UK data updates to employment, wage, inflation and retail sales plus US inflation, industrial production and retail sales data.
Our special focus this week reviews Malaysia's recent Budget.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 September 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Recession risk in Germany increases
- Global growth backtracks to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 September 2019
- Global growth close to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Eurozone PMI signals weak and fragile third quarter expansion
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast
- Plunging Hong Kong PMI signals recession amid escalating protests
Our Q3 nowcasts point to heightened recession risk in Germany. The model suggests the German economy contracted by… https://t.co/wWAYuG3bCY