IHS Markit US PMI surveys signal steep rises in charges and input prices amid trade tensions, higher wage costs and… https://t.co/QUJDWTv3YJ
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 12 November 2018
- Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines decide on interest rates
- Japan, Malaysia and Hong Kong Q3 GDP
- China data updates, including lending, investment and factory output
- Special focus on Malaysia's Budget
Next week continues to see third quarter GDP updates for a number of countries in Asia, including Japan, Malaysia and Hong Kong. Several regional central banks also set monetary policy, while China will release a clutch of economic data that will offer further clues as to the health of the economy after Caixin PMI surveys indicated waning growth momentum.
Other data highlights for Asia include trade numbers for Singapore and Indonesia, as well as India's inflation and trade balance figure, plus South Korea's job data.
Elsewhere, GDP data are published for the Euro area and Germany, alongside UK data updates to employment, wage, inflation and retail sales plus US inflation, industrial production and retail sales data.
Our special focus this week reviews Malaysia's recent Budget.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 19 November 2018
- IHS Markit US PMI indicates strong start to fourth quarter
- IHS Markit US PMI selling price index remains near record high
- Emerging Markets: Sub-Saharan Africa feels strain at start of fourth quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 12 November 2018
- Trade downturn keeps global growth close to two-year low
- Widespread contraction in eurozone productivity at start of fourth quarter
- Global PMI holds close to two-year low on weak Europe and China growth
Global Metal Users PMI dropped rapidly in October amid trade tensions and slowing global growth, signalling a great… https://t.co/X6oS7wQv9t
Brexit talks are taking centre stage today, but UK CPI numbers just out reveal no change at 2.4% - slightly under t… https://t.co/x5QINMQCaa