Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 12 November 2018
- Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines decide on interest rates
- Japan, Malaysia and Hong Kong Q3 GDP
- China data updates, including lending, investment and factory output
- Special focus on Malaysia's Budget
Next week continues to see third quarter GDP updates for a number of countries in Asia, including Japan, Malaysia and Hong Kong. Several regional central banks also set monetary policy, while China will release a clutch of economic data that will offer further clues as to the health of the economy after Caixin PMI surveys indicated waning growth momentum.
Other data highlights for Asia include trade numbers for Singapore and Indonesia, as well as India's inflation and trade balance figure, plus South Korea's job data.
Elsewhere, GDP data are published for the Euro area and Germany, alongside UK data updates to employment, wage, inflation and retail sales plus US inflation, industrial production and retail sales data.
Our special focus this week reviews Malaysia's recent Budget.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 1 June 2020
- Flash PMI surveys show downturns easing in developed economies amid looser lockdowns
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 25 May 2020
- Flash PMI shows Japan on course for record downturn in second quarter
- Flash Australia PMI signals a further slump in business activity during May
- Eurozone PMI rises as COVID-19 lockdowns ease, but outlook remains gloomy
- US manufacturing slump confirmed as production falls in line with PMI
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 18 May 2020
Download our latest Week Ahead Economic Preview, with GDP updates and business confidence surveys on the agenda aft… https://t.co/MPUGEDDIog