Read what our economists are looking at in the global economic calendar for next week, which includes flash PMI dat… https://t.co/hvFuRpOXOC
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 11 March 2019
- China data releases include fixed investment, retail sales and credit growth
- Bank of Japan sets monetary policy
- IHS Markit Business Outlook surveys to inform on firms' plans for hiring and investment
- Special report on the latest global manufacturing trends
With the extent of the slowdown in the global economy under scrutiny, the worldwide release of the tri-annual IHS Markit Business Outlook surveys will provide insights into firms' hiring and investment plans for 2019. Chinese data releases will meanwhile shape financial market expectations of fiscal stimulus after China lowered its GDP target this year. The Bank of Japan's policy meeting will be in focus amid calls for additional stimulus after headline inflation came in nearly flat.
Other key Asian data releases include South Korea's unemployment rate, plus inflation and trade data for India and Japan's machinery orders. The UK parliament votes on the Brexit deal. US data such as durable goods orders, new home sales and inflation will also garner attention as analysts seek to gauge the Fed's policy outlook.
Our special report this week looks at what the widening manufacturing weakness across the world means for global growth.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further commentary: Chris Williamson or Bernard Aw
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 23 September 2019
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 September 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Recession risk in Germany increases
- Global growth backtracks to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 September 2019
- Global growth close to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Eurozone PMI signals weak and fragile third quarter expansion
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast