Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 10 September 2018
- China's fixed asset investment, credit growth and industrial production
- Japan's GDP, industrial production and producer price inflation
- South Korea's jobless rate
- ECB and BoE set monetary policy
- Release of IHS Markit Sector PMI surveys (Global, Europe, Asia and US)
- Special focus on the ASEAN manufacturing hub
With rising global trade frictions making markets nervous, analysts will eagerly await fresh economic data out of China for insights into the impact of new tariffs on Chinese economic activity. In Japan, updated GDP, industrial production and producer price inflation numbers will provide clues on growth and price developments.
Other highlights for Asia include jobless data for South Korea, inflation and industrial production numbers for India, as well as retail sales figures for Indonesia.
Elsewhere, the European Central Bank, the Bank of England and Russian central bank will meet to set monetary policy, while US economic data highlights include retail sales, inflation and wholesale inventories.
IHS Markit detailed sector PMI releases will meanwhile offer a view into the performance of various industries across the world, including detailed data for Asia.
Our special focus this week looks at the ASEAN region and its rise as a manufacturing hub.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 23 September 2019
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 September 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Recession risk in Germany increases
- Global growth backtracks to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 September 2019
- Global growth close to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Eurozone PMI signals weak and fragile third quarter expansion
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast
🇺🇸 Flash US PMI rose to 51.0 in September (50.7 - Aug) to signal only a modest rise in private sector output. New o… https://t.co/CWx5oNEXBW
🇪🇺 Flash Eurozone PMI ⬇️ to 50.4 in September (51.9 in August) signalling that the region is close to stalling at t… https://t.co/npsFG3CN7Z