Our UK Household Finance Index signals the greatest degree of negativity towards current finances in over 1 yr. Loo… https://t.co/DfdtzsoHSu
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 1 October 2018
- Worldwide release of IHS Markit PMI surveys to provide growth, trade and inflation trends
- Inflation data released across Asia
- Australia and India set monetary policy
- US non-farm payrolls
- Special focus on the impact of higher oil prices
The coming week sees a worldwide release of IHS Markit PMI surveys, covering both manufacturing and services, which will provide up-to-date insights into global economic activity and price trends at the end of the third quarter. Other data highlights for Asia include inflation data for a number of countries, while Australia and India will decide on monetary policy. China will meanwhile celebrate its Golden Week.
Elsewhere, US nonfarm payrolls and wages data will receive close attention from market participants.
Our special focus this week looks at the impact of higher oil prices on APAC countries, highlighting the most vulnerable as well as those that stand to benefit.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 18 March 2019
- Week Ahead Global Economic Preview - Week of 18 March 2019
- Manufacturing and trade act as drags on global economy
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 11 March 2019
- Australia PMI data reinforce central bank's shift to neutral policy stance
- Global economy buoyed as service sector gains offset factory slowdown
- IHS Markit PMI signals improved US GDP growth and faster hiring in February
- UK PMI surveys show economy close to stalling in first quarter as outlook darkens