HEADS UP: ECB policy meeting follows the release of eurozone flash PMI data a week today. The recent trend of slowe… https://t.co/auNB3SK768
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 1 October 2018
- Worldwide release of IHS Markit PMI surveys to provide growth, trade and inflation trends
- Inflation data released across Asia
- Australia and India set monetary policy
- US non-farm payrolls
- Special focus on the impact of higher oil prices
The coming week sees a worldwide release of IHS Markit PMI surveys, covering both manufacturing and services, which will provide up-to-date insights into global economic activity and price trends at the end of the third quarter. Other data highlights for Asia include inflation data for a number of countries, while Australia and India will decide on monetary policy. China will meanwhile celebrate its Golden Week.
Elsewhere, US nonfarm payrolls and wages data will receive close attention from market participants.
Our special focus this week looks at the impact of higher oil prices on APAC countries, highlighting the most vulnerable as well as those that stand to benefit.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv.Biswas@ihsmarkit.com or Bernard.Aw@ihsmarkit.com
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris.Williamson@ihsmarkit.com
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 21 January 2019
- Eurozone flash PMI to provide ECB policy guidance at start of 2019
- 'Gilets jaunes' protests hit output and labour market
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 14 January 2019
- Metals Users PMI points to falling world growth and lower prices in 2019
- Vietnam GDP up strongly again in 2018 as manufacturing outperforms
- Investment indicators fall into decline as global PMI hits 27-month low
- Worldwide growth hits 27-month low in December
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Latest 3-month rolling average of UK GDP shows growth slowing to 0.3% in November, following the easing trend seen… https://t.co/o3yW9r8QPK