Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 1 April 2019
- Worldwide release of IHS Markit PMI surveys to provide important steers on Q1 growth
- Australia and India set monetary policy
- Asia inflation updates
- US employment report
- Special report on Asia-Pacific as the leading global growth engine in decade ahead
The week ahead includes PMI survey releases providing updates on business conditions across Asia and the rest of the world, as well as US non-farm payrolls, central bank meetings in India and Australia and key inflation updates in several Asian economies. Our special report this week looks at how the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to acts as the leading global growth engine in the next decade.
The worldwide release of March PMI surveys will provide insights into first quarter economic trends and will be parsed for clues into future macroeconomic policies. Flash surveys showed deepening manufacturing slowdowns in the US, Eurozone and Japan. The surveys will be scoured in particular for indications of whether the global trade-led slowdown spreading to the service sector (see a brief overview of prior surveys here).
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 1 June 2020
- Flash PMI surveys show downturns easing in developed economies amid looser lockdowns
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 25 May 2020
- Flash PMI shows Japan on course for record downturn in second quarter
- Flash Australia PMI signals a further slump in business activity during May
- Eurozone PMI rises as COVID-19 lockdowns ease, but outlook remains gloomy
- US manufacturing slump confirmed as production falls in line with PMI
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 18 May 2020
Download our latest Week Ahead Economic Preview, with GDP updates and business confidence surveys on the agenda aft… https://t.co/MPUGEDDIog