Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 1 April 2019
- Worldwide release of IHS Markit PMI surveys to provide important steers on Q1 growth
- Australia and India set monetary policy
- Asia inflation updates
- US employment report
- Special report on Asia-Pacific as the leading global growth engine in decade ahead
The week ahead includes PMI survey releases providing updates on business conditions across Asia and the rest of the world, as well as US non-farm payrolls, central bank meetings in India and Australia and key inflation updates in several Asian economies. Our special report this week looks at how the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to acts as the leading global growth engine in the next decade.
The worldwide release of March PMI surveys will provide insights into first quarter economic trends and will be parsed for clues into future macroeconomic policies. Flash surveys showed deepening manufacturing slowdowns in the US, Eurozone and Japan. The surveys will be scoured in particular for indications of whether the global trade-led slowdown spreading to the service sector (see a brief overview of prior surveys here).
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 18 November 2019
- Global growth slips closer to decade lows as manufacturing weakness spreads to services
- Official data corroborate survey signals of UK labour market cooling
- UK avoids recession but underlying growth trend deteriorates
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 11 November 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast: Euro area economy stagnating as divergences remain at the country level
- PMI shows Hong Kong SAR economy suffering biggest fall in output for over two decades
- UK economy in worst spell since 2009 as all-sector PMI signals further contraction
🇺🇸 US Business Outlook showed optimism towards business activity falling to a 3 year low in October. Weaker confide… https://t.co/IW5ofcc647