🇺🇸 Flash US PMI rose to 51.0 in September (50.7 - Aug) to signal only a modest rise in private sector output. New o… https://t.co/CWx5oNEXBW
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 1 April 2019
- Worldwide release of IHS Markit PMI surveys to provide important steers on Q1 growth
- Australia and India set monetary policy
- Asia inflation updates
- US employment report
- Special report on Asia-Pacific as the leading global growth engine in decade ahead
The week ahead includes PMI survey releases providing updates on business conditions across Asia and the rest of the world, as well as US non-farm payrolls, central bank meetings in India and Australia and key inflation updates in several Asian economies. Our special report this week looks at how the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to acts as the leading global growth engine in the next decade.
The worldwide release of March PMI surveys will provide insights into first quarter economic trends and will be parsed for clues into future macroeconomic policies. Flash surveys showed deepening manufacturing slowdowns in the US, Eurozone and Japan. The surveys will be scoured in particular for indications of whether the global trade-led slowdown spreading to the service sector (see a brief overview of prior surveys here).
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 23 September 2019
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 September 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Recession risk in Germany increases
- Global growth backtracks to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 September 2019
- Global growth close to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Eurozone PMI signals weak and fragile third quarter expansion
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast
🇪🇺 Flash Eurozone PMI ⬇️ to 50.4 in September (51.9 in August) signalling that the region is close to stalling at t… https://t.co/npsFG3CN7Z
🇫🇷 Flash France PMI dips to 51.3 in September (Aug - 52.9) pointing to the softest expansion in the private sector… https://t.co/rN5y9snd81