141 new issue bonds will hit the market next week; including over $330M in new bonds scheduled to be issued by the… https://t.co/bCYgl2shcx
Webinar Replay: The Global IBOR Transition
Across jurisdictions, committees are working on alternative Risk-Free Rates (RFRs) to replace IBORs with the underlying promise of better governance and oversight around major interest rate benchmarks. Regulators and central banks along with industry experts from leading financial institutions are driving these discussions.
IHS Markit is pleased to be part of the conversation in order to help our clients better navigate the transition. In September, we issued a cross-industry IBOR Transition survey to market participants across the globe, and we presented the results via a live webinar on Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
I was pleased to lead our virtual roundtable of thought leaders from IHS Markit in a review of the survey results and a discussion about the implications of the IBOR transition across multiple scenarios.
My fellow speakers included:
- Robert Moeller, Executive Director, WSO Software
- Marcus Schueler, Head of Benchmark Administration
- Darren Thomas, Managing Director, Risk and Regulatory
The live webinar discussion covered the following topics and a Q&A with the audience:
- IBOR Transition - An Overview
- Why is the Industry Moving Away from LIBOR?
- A Not So Harmonized Picture: Overview of the new benchmarks across jurisdictions
- Survey Results:
- Demographic breakdown
- Understanding your firm exposure, fallback language and contract discovery
- Preferences for IBOR Fallback - derivatives and cash
- Risk mitigation, what should you do in the next few years?
- Readiness: client education and communication
- Surprise responses
The On Demand webinar is now available to be viewed here at your convenience, and the featured presentation slides can be viewed via this link. In early November, we'll also publish and share a final report of the detailed survey responses.
You might also find value in our ongoing IBOR thought leadership series.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- LNG JKM Option Pricing - IHS Markit's Totem - Another First
- Seven key dividend forecasts for 2020
- Is BB the place to be?
- IHS Markit Fair Value Case Study
- De-risking corporate actions processing: getting the right mix of expertise and technology
- IRS Finalizes Rules on Foreign TIN Requirements and More in Year-End Regulatory Release
- Securities Lending 2019 snapshot
- Leveraged loan market data snapshot Q4 2019
How do French investors view important corporate governance topics such as shareholder activism, proxy advisory and… https://t.co/KOLF3ccMeh