Don't miss out on an opportunity to hear our own Jocelyn Lewis moderate a panel on key takeaways from the down mark… https://t.co/VSxZ8Kvt2i
Webinar Replay: The Global IBOR Transition
Across jurisdictions, committees are working on alternative Risk-Free Rates (RFRs) to replace IBORs with the underlying promise of better governance and oversight around major interest rate benchmarks. Regulators and central banks along with industry experts from leading financial institutions are driving these discussions.
IHS Markit is pleased to be part of the conversation in order to help our clients better navigate the transition. In September, we issued a cross-industry IBOR Transition survey to market participants across the globe, and we presented the results via a live webinar on Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
I was pleased to lead our virtual roundtable of thought leaders from IHS Markit in a review of the survey results and a discussion about the implications of the IBOR transition across multiple scenarios.
My fellow speakers included:
- Robert Moeller, Executive Director, WSO Software
- Marcus Schueler, Head of Benchmark Administration
- Darren Thomas, Managing Director, Risk and Regulatory
The live webinar discussion covered the following topics and a Q&A with the audience:
- IBOR Transition - An Overview
- Why is the Industry Moving Away from LIBOR?
- A Not So Harmonized Picture: Overview of the new benchmarks across jurisdictions
- Survey Results:
- Demographic breakdown
- Understanding your firm exposure, fallback language and contract discovery
- Preferences for IBOR Fallback - derivatives and cash
- Risk mitigation, what should you do in the next few years?
- Readiness: client education and communication
- Surprise responses
The On Demand webinar is now available to be viewed here at your convenience, and the featured presentation slides can be viewed via this link. In early November, we'll also publish and share a final report of the detailed survey responses.
You might also find value in our ongoing IBOR thought leadership series.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- What will CLO 3.0 look like?
- IBOR transition update: €STR has an August holiday?
- Daily Global Market Summary - 21 September 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 18 September 2020
- Acceleration of ESG Through a Crisis
- Daily Global Market Summary - 17 September 2020
- Investor Relations is a Competitive Advantage
- Daily Global Market Summary - 16 September 2020
Join IHS Markit as we participate in Climate Week NYC with our 2nd webinar: ESG Investing: Companies, Investors & S… https://t.co/BgMWpzbmNW