Webinar Replay: The Global IBOR Transition
Across jurisdictions, committees are working on alternative Risk-Free Rates (RFRs) to replace IBORs with the underlying promise of better governance and oversight around major interest rate benchmarks. Regulators and central banks along with industry experts from leading financial institutions are driving these discussions.
IHS Markit is pleased to be part of the conversation in order to help our clients better navigate the transition. In September, we issued a cross-industry IBOR Transition survey to market participants across the globe, and we presented the results via a live webinar on Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
I was pleased to lead our virtual roundtable of thought leaders from IHS Markit in a review of the survey results and a discussion about the implications of the IBOR transition across multiple scenarios.
My fellow speakers included:
- Robert Moeller, Executive Director, WSO Software
- Marcus Schueler, Head of Benchmark Administration
- Darren Thomas, Managing Director, Risk and Regulatory
The live webinar discussion covered the following topics and a Q&A with the audience:
- IBOR Transition - An Overview
- Why is the Industry Moving Away from LIBOR?
- A Not So Harmonized Picture: Overview of the new benchmarks across jurisdictions
- Survey Results:
- Demographic breakdown
- Understanding your firm exposure, fallback language and contract discovery
- Preferences for IBOR Fallback - derivatives and cash
- Risk mitigation, what should you do in the next few years?
- Readiness: client education and communication
- Surprise responses
The On Demand webinar is now available to be viewed here at your convenience, and the featured presentation slides can be viewed via this link. In early November, we'll also publish and share a final report of the detailed survey responses.
You might also find value in our ongoing IBOR thought leadership series.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Chartis RiskTech BuySide 50: Financial Risk Analytics Wins Investment/Market Risk Category
- Defensive Strategies for the Asian USD High Yield Credit Market
- South Korea Dividends - More to be Discovered
- Top 3 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk Europe Conference
- The obstacles to better analytics adoption in private equity
- A New Report -- Retail Investors: A Changing Landscape
- APIs beat AI in the industry’s post-trade priority list
- Golden Record Corporate Actions Podcast Series - Pilot Episode: Is Data the Problem?
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00