In the context of the transition to a low-carbon economy, GHG emissions reporting may have a significant bearing on… https://t.co/naQiRksQ9n
Webinar Replay: The Global IBOR Transition
Across jurisdictions, committees are working on alternative Risk-Free Rates (RFRs) to replace IBORs with the underlying promise of better governance and oversight around major interest rate benchmarks. Regulators and central banks along with industry experts from leading financial institutions are driving these discussions.
IHS Markit is pleased to be part of the conversation in order to help our clients better navigate the transition. In September, we issued a cross-industry IBOR Transition survey to market participants across the globe, and we presented the results via a live webinar on Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
I was pleased to lead our virtual roundtable of thought leaders from IHS Markit in a review of the survey results and a discussion about the implications of the IBOR transition across multiple scenarios.
My fellow speakers included:
- Robert Moeller, Executive Director, WSO Software
- Marcus Schueler, Head of Benchmark Administration
- Darren Thomas, Managing Director, Risk and Regulatory
The live webinar discussion covered the following topics and a Q&A with the audience:
- IBOR Transition - An Overview
- Why is the Industry Moving Away from LIBOR?
- A Not So Harmonized Picture: Overview of the new benchmarks across jurisdictions
- Survey Results:
- Demographic breakdown
- Understanding your firm exposure, fallback language and contract discovery
- Preferences for IBOR Fallback - derivatives and cash
- Risk mitigation, what should you do in the next few years?
- Readiness: client education and communication
- Surprise responses
The On Demand webinar is now available to be viewed here at your convenience, and the featured presentation slides can be viewed via this link. In early November, we'll also publish and share a final report of the detailed survey responses.
You might also find value in our ongoing IBOR thought leadership series.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- IHS Markit Launches Sovereign ESG Dataset Covering 41 Indicators Across 211 Countries and Territories
- Institutional Ownership Data: Quantitative Research Note
- Daily Global Market Summary - 20 November 2020
- French Annual General Meeting Season Review 2020
- New Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Rules and How to Simplify Them: Leveraging technology for new Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Rules
- Daily Global Market Summary - 19 November 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 18 November 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 17 November 2020
This article takes a closer look at what LIBOR fallback spreads can be expected with the recent launch of ISDA's IB… https://t.co/zgizJO3bP8