Video: US natural gas infrastructure inflection point
More and more natural gas pipeline projects in North American are being shelved and the future for big projects seems less promising. Developers are facing increased review and approval scrutiny, as well as greater pushback from opposition groups.
What should you expect and how will it impact your business?
Our natural gas experts discuss the impact of these changing market conditions in this recent video.
For more information on our short-term North American natural gas research, visit our PointLogic gas page.
Matthew Piatek is a director in the Gas, Power, and
Energy Futures team at IHS Markit.
Nikolay Filchev is a principal research analyst in the Gas, Power, and Energy Futures team at IHS Markit.
Warren Waite is a director in the Gas, Power, and Energy Futures team at IHS Markit.
Posted on 17 August 2020.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Two-month rise in gas prices can be sustained
- Pressure mounts to allow new players to procure renewable power in South Africa
- Texas to outshine California in utility scale PV installations in 2020
- Case Study: In a future case with deep decarbonization, how would the operation and profitability forecasts evolve for various technologies?
- How decarbonisation policies will transform the biofuels industry
- Exciting Changes to IHS Markit’s North America Coal Coverage
- Heuristic assessments of LMP understate arbitrage margins for energy storage
- Greenhouse gas emissions - why methane is critical to the full picture