Video: Latin America -- Renewables keep up the pace amid growing economic uncertainties
Renewables will sustain the fast pace of growth in Latin America, despite the economic and political uncertainties. In this video, a dynamic chart shows the S&P Global Commodity Insights power outlook for the region. It includes historical figures and country-level outlooks through 2035 for Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, and Peru, with highlights about the most important drivers of growth.
For more information about our regional coverage, including power market outlooks for 11 countries in Latin America, check out Global Power and Renewables research.
Vivian Freire D'Aguiar is a research analyst on the Gas, Power, and Climate Solutions team at S&P Global Commodity Insights.
Posted 14 September 2022
This article was published by S&P Global Commodity Insights and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- Global corporate clean energy procurement deals of 21 GW in the first half of 2022
- Santos' Darwin Pipeline Duplication (DPD) Project confirmed – Australia's energy transition is taking shape
- Global Fuels Market Outlook
- Global Power and Renewables Research Highlights, September 2022: Implications of the Inflation Reduction Act, global gas supply a key concern for power sector, financing strategies take center stage as interest rates jump
- Toward a reliable low-carbon power system: Navigating the evolving flexibility policy landscape
- Nuclear energy is growing on a global scale
- Upward price pressures will make cost savings difficult this year as costs rise by 7% over the first half of 2022
- Securing gas supply for Southeast Asia’s energy transition
The Inflation Reduction Act represents the first multi-decade greenhouse gas legislation passed by Congress which a… https://t.co/tUX8O93PBL
Our Market Briefing presents key insights into clean energy procurement deals by corporations in Q1, helping you un… https://t.co/u8DYFjqeVt