Video: Growth of the Fertilizer Industry
The demand for fertilizers is driven by the demand for food
which is based on the size and wealth of the population. By 2050,
it is estimated that the population will be about 9.7 billion
people and to be able to feed that many people, we will need to
increase our food production by 50% - 60%.
Watch Bala Suresh, IHS Markit Research Director, discuss the current state of the fertilizer industry, market trends for NPK, and new developments related to sustainability.
IHS Markit Chemical Economics Handbook helps you identify trends and driving forces influencing the fertilizer market enabling you to forecast future demand and evaluate potential customers and competitors.
- Plastic waste management: Overview of major steps taken globally
- Display Technologies to determine consumption of display materials in the medium term
- Top disruptors that can transform specialty chemicals
- Biodegradable Polymers: Contributing to a Sustainable Future
- Global propylene demand to continue outpacing supply
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- EU Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Waste Plastic Chemical Recycling via Pyrolysis - Small-Scale vs Large-Scale