Video: Growth of the Fertilizer Industry
The demand for fertilizers is driven by the demand for food
which is based on the size and wealth of the population. By 2050,
it is estimated that the population will be about 9.7 billion
people and to be able to feed that many people, we will need to
increase our food production by 50% - 60%.
Watch Bala Suresh, IHS Markit Research Director, discuss the current state of the fertilizer industry, market trends for NPK, and new developments related to sustainability.
IHS Markit Chemical Economics Handbook helps you identify trends and driving forces influencing the fertilizer market enabling you to forecast future demand and evaluate potential customers and competitors.
- Chemical surpluses create opportunities – and costs
- Coronavirus Impact on the Chlor-alkali Market
- A door opens: surplus ethylene to gasoline
- What lies ahead for the Asian Ethylene Market in 2020?
- Impact of the Coronavirus Outbreak on China’s Acrylates Industry
- Impact of New Plastics Regulation in China
- Major Butadiene Market Trends for 2020
- Podcast: Lithium January Market Outlook