Video: Growth of the Fertilizer Industry
The demand for fertilizers is driven by the demand for food
which is based on the size and wealth of the population. By 2050,
it is estimated that the population will be about 9.7 billion
people and to be able to feed that many people, we will need to
increase our food production by 50% - 60%.
Watch Bala Suresh, IHS Markit Research Director, discuss the current state of the fertilizer industry, market trends for NPK, and new developments related to sustainability.
IHS Markit Chemical Economics Handbook helps you identify trends and driving forces influencing the fertilizer market enabling you to forecast future demand and evaluate potential customers and competitors.
- Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development
- Podcast: August Lithium Market Outlook
- Impact of the US-China trade war on the MDI market
- MMA and PMMA Getting Back on Track
- Specialty Fibers Shaping the Future
- Impact of Brexit Uncertainty on the Imports of Polyester and Nylon Fibers in the United Kingdom
- Is chemical recycling a game changer?
- The new silk road