Video: Global Energy Transition on Oil Markets
Recently Kurt Barrow, Vice President of Oil Markets, Midstream and Downstream research, and Bob Fryklund, Vice President of Energy sat down to discuss the energy transition and what impact IHS Markit sees with crude oil supply and the refining markets.
The challenge of simultaneously meeting growing global energy demand and reducing greenhouse gas emissions has created the platform for a radical energy transition. The transportation sector, where oil demand has become increasingly concentrated, is at the heart of this transition. IHS Markit is addressing questions on high-growth, oil-thirsty sectors that are increasingly attracting the gaze of policymakers.
Using our deep domain expertise across multiple disciplines, we're continuously examining the key forces shaping the global business environment towards lower emissions, including policy, financial climate-related risk and technologies - that have implications for our customers. Our capabilities also support how clients respond to the call from investors for greater disclosure as climate related risks increasingly are incorporated into financial decisions.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Implications of the US Senate-passed Inflation Reduction Act on Electric Power
- Supporting the development of ASEAN economies: Understanding the strong power demand growth in the region
- Whitepaper: Module Level Power Electronics
- A standardised approach to FPS building
- Southeast Asian countries have floated prospects on clean energy transition to resolve the energy dilemma
- Global Power and Renewables Research Highlights, July 2022: Renewable hotspots, decarbonization efforts and challenges
- The recent surprisingly expensive FPSO bids in Brazil, are actually the new normal
- The Great Jackup Revamp