Video: Energy Transition in the Oil & Gas Sector
For upstream oil & gas companies, the energy transition poses a challenge to plan for a future of uncertain future oil and gas demand, coupled with increased scrutiny by their investors to manage that uncertainty as well as lowering carbon footprint of operations.
E&P companies are responding by applying technologies to reduce emissions; maintaining cost leadership through project development innovations and digitalization, while focusing their portfolios on their highest performing areas. For further insights on this topic, watch the interview with Paul Markwell, vp of global upstream oil & gas insights:
Paul Markwell is the vice president of global upstream oil & gas insights at IHS Markit.
Posted 21 January 2020.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Negative sentiment going into 2020 gives way to historical chaos in the North American service industry
- How painful is it? Measuring the thresholds and distress of the OPEC and Vienna Alliance countries
- The impact of coronavirus on the renewables industry
- Renewables emerge as winner during China’s COVID-19 lockdown
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) has triggered a heretofore unimaginable oil product demand decline
- What is the outlook for the Chinese oil sector with COVID-19 on the wane domestically?
- Video: Hydrogen gas is gaining momentum
- China launches small-scale LNG exports to Cambodia: Is there room for growth?
“I don’t think we’ll ever see business as usual as it was three months ago,” says Sam Wilkinson, associate director… https://t.co/6iP4Q5cMcu