Video: Energy Transition in the Oil & Gas Sector
For upstream oil & gas companies, the energy transition poses a challenge to plan for a future of uncertain future oil and gas demand, coupled with increased scrutiny by their investors to manage that uncertainty as well as lowering carbon footprint of operations.
E&P companies are responding by applying technologies to reduce emissions; maintaining cost leadership through project development innovations and digitalization, while focusing their portfolios on their highest performing areas. For further insights on this topic, watch the interview with Paul Markwell, vp of global upstream oil & gas insights:
Paul Markwell is the vice president of global upstream oil & gas insights at IHS Markit.
Posted 21 January 2020.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- COVID-19 has not slowed down the energy transition in Southeast Asia
- Spotlight on the South African LPG market
- Top Five Issues for Latin American Crude Oil Markets in 2021
- High impact wells outlook for 2021
- Crossing the river by touching the stones: New framework to promote fuel-cell electric vehicles in China
- North Sea service companies continue to struggle, but “green” shoots offer some relief
- Yellowtail: A Modelling Perspective - Vantage® Insights
- Q4 2020 Power and Renewables Research Highlights
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Coal-fired power is projected to decline in Australia, Japan, and South Korea as an aging fleet is phased out.… https://t.co/j86VKjeLe4