Video: Coronavirus’ (COVID-19) impact on Africa’s power and renewable sector
Our experts virtually discuss what's happening in Sub-Saharan Africa amid coronavirus (COVID-19), and what it may mean for the power sector investment in the region. Watch part one:
Our experts discuss how COVID-19 impacts power demand and supply in Sub-Saharan Africa. Watch part two:
IHS Markit experts are available for consultation on the industries and subjects they specialize in. Meetings are virtual and can be tailored to focus on your areas of inquiry. Book in a consultation with Natznet Tesfay or Thea Fourie.
Anna Shpitsberg is a director of global power and
renewables for IHS Markit.
Natznet Tesfay is executive director for research and analysis in Economics and Country risk at IHS Markit.
Silvia Macri is a Senior Research Analyst with the energy global power and renewables group at IHS Markit.
Thea Fourie is the Team Lead for Sub-Saharan Africa in Economics at IHS Markit.
Posted 14 May 2020
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Japan focuses on the role of LNG in tackling the global climate challenge
- Reshuffling among top EPC players as new markets arise
- Explore Energy 2020 Virtual Event
- EV charge point developers have two big problems; energy storage can help to address them both
- COVID-19 pressures Egypt’s power and gas sectors
- Green, flexible, and economical: India’s strategies for large-scale renewable integration
- September Power and Renewables Research Highlights
- Infographic: Assessing biofuel policies and their impact on global markets