Video: Bon Appétit – A taste of the citric acid and monosodium glutamate (MSG) markets
09 June 2016 Marifaith Hackett, Ph.D.
Marifaith Hackett, Director, Renewables and Nutrition, IHS, addresses the following questions:
- Why did the production technology for Citric Acid change from extraction of lemon juice to industrial fermentation?
- Are there any trends in the food industry that are impacting the consumption of citric acid as an acidulant in beverages and foods?
- In 2015, Asia accounted for almost 90% of the world's monosodium glutamate (MSG) consumption, is continuing to grow at a healthy rate. Do you see any signs of an eventual slowdown in consumption growth?
- Polyurethane Feedstocks – Supply/Demand Shifts
- NPK Compound Fertilizers - A Solution for Sustainable Agriculture
- Major Butadiene Market Trends for 2019
- Shin-Etsu reports big revenue, profit increases across business units
- Adnoc sells stakes in Adnoc Refining to Eni and OMV
- Clariant to collaborate with ExxonMobil and REG
- Ineos acquires former Huntsman ethoxylation unit in France
- China’s ethanol push