BASF slashes forecast on poor November results https://t.co/CQcRJJLo7R
Video: Bon Appétit – A taste of the citric acid and monosodium glutamate (MSG) markets
09 June 2016 Marifaith Hackett, Ph.D.
Marifaith Hackett, Director, Renewables and Nutrition, IHS, addresses the following questions:
- Why did the production technology for Citric Acid change from extraction of lemon juice to industrial fermentation?
- Are there any trends in the food industry that are impacting the consumption of citric acid as an acidulant in beverages and foods?
- In 2015, Asia accounted for almost 90% of the world's monosodium glutamate (MSG) consumption, is continuing to grow at a healthy rate. Do you see any signs of an eventual slowdown in consumption growth?
- BASF slashes forecast on poor November results
- China's CNPC breaks ground on $9.5-billion refinery, petchem complex
- Global trade wars: implications for refined products and chemicals
- Infrastructure developments and midstream opportunities
- Climate change regulations: coming soon to an industry near you?
- The new world of mobility—and what it means for Middle Eastern demand
- Lithium Market Evolution
- Global Plastics Recycling