Research Signals - May 2022
As admirers across Britain and around the world awaited Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee celebrations, equity investors reveled in value factors' good cheers throughout the month of May (Table 1). However, markets are still trying to recover from the built-up pressures that have reigned in 2022 including supply chain issues, elevated inflation, the war in Ukraine and the recent downturn in China from renewed COVID restrictions.
- US: Robust double-digit spreads were recorded by value measures including Forward 12-M EPS-to-Enterprise Value
- Developed Europe: Price Momentum measures moved to the opposite end of the performance spectrum, with Industry-adjusted 12-month Relative Price Strength the weakest performing factor last month
- Developed Pacific: In Japan, investors rewarded both value and momentum measures, as represented by Industry Relative Leading 4-QTRs EPS to Price and Rational Decay Alpha, respectively
- Emerging markets: Deep Value and Relative Value themes were favored in May, as captured respectively by TTM EBITDA-to-Enterprise Value and Industry Relative TTM Dividend Yield
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
This article was published by S&P Global Market Intelligence and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- Top 3 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk Europe Conference
- The obstacles to better analytics adoption in private equity
- A New Report -- Retail Investors: A Changing Landscape
- APIs beat AI in the industry’s post-trade priority list
- Golden Record Corporate Actions Podcast Series - Pilot Episode: Is Data the Problem?
- Top 5 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk USA Conference
- Top 3 takeaways from the ISDA 36th AGM 2022 in Madrid
- Navigating inefficiency in credit portfolio management
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00