Webinar | Evolving Material Trends in the Body-in-White Forecast Join us February 4 as we highlight key outputs of… https://t.co/DWdV2Q1gPs
Uttar Pradesh state government releases new policy for EV charging infrastructure
Uttar Pradesh state government yesterday (6 August) approved a new policy to establish electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, reports the Financial Express. A 25% rebate on the market rate of land will be offered to set up EV charging points. Under its EV policy, the state government expects to run 10,000 electric buses and phase out old ones In the first phase. By 2024, 70% of commercial vehicles are expected to be electric and 200,000 charging stations will be set up.
Significance: The Indian government has recently announced a slew of initiatives to promote the use of EVs in the country. Last month, in the Union Budget, the government reduced goods and services tax (GST) rate on EVs from 12% to 5%. Furthermore, the GST rat on EV charging stations has also been revised from 18% to 5%. Lack of charging infrastructure is currently seen as one of the key hurdles for mass adoption of EVs.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Top 10 auto tech trends to watch for in 2021
- Stellantis: Scale Creates Opportunity
- Evolving Material Trends in Body-in-White Webinar
- Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar
- Supply chain disruption for semiconductors to the automotive sector
- An Automotive Minute: Electric Vehicles in the Biden Adminstration
- Domestic versus Imported Vehicle Loyalty
- 5G, C-V2X, and automotive connectivity in 2021
Automotive industry: expected future development amid Sars-CoV-2 and long-term trends. Cu2 Consulting discusses ten… https://t.co/mcpxGbEJTF