Within the transportation sector, road transportation accounts for about 70% of CO2 emissions. Vehicle electrificat… https://t.co/Gi18TmP5rU
Uttar Pradesh state government releases new policy for EV charging infrastructure
Uttar Pradesh state government yesterday (6 August) approved a new policy to establish electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, reports the Financial Express. A 25% rebate on the market rate of land will be offered to set up EV charging points. Under its EV policy, the state government expects to run 10,000 electric buses and phase out old ones In the first phase. By 2024, 70% of commercial vehicles are expected to be electric and 200,000 charging stations will be set up.
Significance: The Indian government has recently announced a slew of initiatives to promote the use of EVs in the country. Last month, in the Union Budget, the government reduced goods and services tax (GST) rate on EVs from 12% to 5%. Furthermore, the GST rat on EV charging stations has also been revised from 18% to 5%. Lack of charging infrastructure is currently seen as one of the key hurdles for mass adoption of EVs.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive electrification and decarbonization: Shifting toward net-zero
- Fuel for Thought: Automotive Electrification and Decarbonization - Shifting gears towards Net-Zero
- Tesla Encounters Formidable Competition
- EV Charging Infrastructure Report and Forecast
- Updated Analysis on the EU Green Deal
- Powertrain market analysis for revised EU fleet emissions scenarios
- Impact of supplier issues on the North American truck production
- The Chip Dip: Latest Global Impact of Supply Chain Constraints
July’s Newsletter: Road transport contributes 70-80% of CO2 emissions. Major markets will face challenges to meet t… https://t.co/YiN5tGxVi4