RT @IHSMarkitPMI: U.S business activity growth eased in August, amid a slower rise in service sector output. The Flash U.S PMI slipped to 5…
Using a “Human + Machine” Approach to Determine Financial Market Regimes
Financial markets are volatile and unpredictable, but do they display certain patterns that could be helpful in risk management and portfolio allocation?
We embarked on a 10-week journey and applied a "human + machine" approach to our Totem dataset to try and find some answers.
Jennifer Wang and Zaid Shahzadeh, Totem Equities analysts, Financial Markets
Bill Chung, Alvin Lee and Eric Takigawa, Financial Risk Analytics analysts
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Section 871(m) Counterparty Reporting: IRS and Financial Institutions May be Underestimating Work Involved
- High Yield Energy Debt Running out of Gas
- Corporate Bond Pricing Recap for July 2019
- July 2019 Model Performance Report
- iBoxx TRS Comes of Age
- Machine learning for stock selection
- Mid-cycle adjustment to factor returns
- Forecast dividend yield basket outperforms
Anticipation of an economic slowdown and more market volatility has triggered an uptick in US HY energy issues’ ris… https://t.co/YFZFqJclAt
The August heat has not drained the new issuance market of its energy yet, as 17 deals priced for total proceeds of… https://t.co/hIIWidJBSp