Using a “Human + Machine” Approach to Determine Financial Market Regimes
Financial markets are volatile and unpredictable, but do they display certain patterns that could be helpful in risk management and portfolio allocation?
We embarked on a 10-week journey and applied a "human + machine" approach to our Totem dataset to try and find some answers.
Jennifer Wang and Zaid Shahzadeh, Totem Equities
analysts, Financial Markets
Bill Chung, Alvin Lee and Eric Takigawa, Financial Risk Analytics analysts
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
- Bank & Thrift Model II - 10 years after Lehman bankruptcy
- Digging down under quant performance
- Cannabis shorts stay the course
- Turkey bows to the inevitable
- FVA – time to go asymmetric?
- Monthly model performance report – August 2018
- Factor performance remains linked while stocks decouple
- IHS Markit and Ipreo: What's next?
Read the latest updates from Will Sheridan regarding transition relief for Section 871(m). Is your firm prepared?… https://t.co/3U9oz8frE3