US Ethane Exports: Finding New Markets in China and Beyond
Since exporting its first waterborne ethane cargo in 2016, the United States has seen steady growth in this sector. The US is now the world's only major exporter of waterborne ethane, and ethane exports will continue to grow for several more years to fulfill all of the long-term supply contracts signed to date. In our recent webinar webinar we reviewed those contracts and situate them within the overall US ethane balance. We discussed the outlook for continued ethane supply growth in the United States, and consider the economics of domestic consumption versus export to shed light on whether and where we might see future growth in global ethane trade.
To view our recent webinar and analysis complete with Q&A, register to watch the recording.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- The Returning spectre – beyond IMO2020
- Is Pennsylvania on the path to join the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative?
- Infographic: Argentina oil- The fate of Vaca Muerta
- FERC Winter 2019/20 Assessment Finds Strong Gas Supplies
- North Dakota Seeks Solutions to Excess Gas Flaring, Including Possible Petchem Investment
- Ireland’s Offshore Basins: Can Past Disappointments Lead to Future Success?
- PV installation forecast in China lowered in 2019 but global forecast of 129 GW in 2019 remains unchanged
- India's lucrative energy industry
The proposal, submitted by the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) to the California Energy Commission (CE… https://t.co/yrAI3Zext4