Unveiling the shortlist for the 2019 ATC Awards
Jane's Airport Review is delighted to announce the shortlist for the Jane's ATC Awards 2019.
The ATC Awards - sponsored by Raytheon - take place at 3pm on 12 March in the Delegate Theatre during World ATM Congress in Madrid. Winners and shortlisted nominees will be recognized in the ceremony, which is free for all to attend.
The 2019 Jane's ATC Awards attracted entries from around the world and highlighted projects to improve airspace capacity, efficiency, safety and environmental sustainability.These are no easy achievements as flight volumes continue to soar and airspace capacity pressures increase. Our independent panel of judges faced a complex task and we thank them for their efforts. We look forward once again to announcing the winners during World ATM Congress.
Nominations are assessed by a panel of judges from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), Eurocontrol, the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers' Association (IFATCA), Jane's and the SESAR Deployment Manager.
More information on all nominations will be published in the March 2019 edition of Jane's Airport Review. Shortlisted entries are summarised below.
Enabling Technology Award - for contributions to enhanced capacity and safety
- Altitude Angel, NATS, Manchester Airport, Frequentis: Operation Zenith real-life drone demonstration
- IANS: Inside ATM e-learning package for all
- NATS, Leidos, Heathrow Airport Ltd: RECAT EU and eTBS implementation at Heathrow
- SITAONAIR, Collins Aerospace: VDLm2 Multi-Frequency Deployment according to ELSA Model B
Environment Award - to recognise work on green ATM concepts
- CRIDA: PERSEO-EMISSIONS flight-efficiency monitoring and management tool
- DSNA, Air France: Triple, parallel, independent PBN/ILS approach procedures at Paris CDG and Le Bourget
- GCANS, Iraq CAA, Serco Middle East: Re-opening of Baghdad Flight Information Region after conflict zone designation
- Seville University and project partners: TBO-Met meteorological uncertainty management for trajectory-based operations
Runway / Approach Award - for safety and efficiency on the runway and final approach
- Cranfield University: digital control tower and Digital Aviation Research and Technology Centre (DARTeC)
- FAA, Saab ATM: Runway Status Lights (RWSL) rollout
- Indra Navia, SkySoft ATM, Zürich Airport, skyguide - Advanced Runway Safety Improvement (ARSI) programme
- Saipher ATC - TATIC TWR
Service Provision Award - for contributions to safe and efficient airspace
- AZANS: Azerbaijan Airspace Supervision & Efficiency Centre (ASEC)
- Clayton J Lloyd International Airport, Anguilla: GNSS IAP implementation after Hurricane Irma
- ENAIRE: Flow Tools Ecosystem
- skyguide: Service Oriented Architecture in ATM Live Operations (SOA ALPS)
Technology Award - reflecting significant contributions by equipment and systems suppliers
- DFS, Frequentis: full operations for remote tower control at Saarbrücken Airport
- Frequentis: Qantas flight planning platform
- Micro Nav: Simulated Air Traffic Management Training Facility and Military Air Systems Control Simulator (MASCS) for UK Royal Navy
- NAV CANADA, NATS: Extended Computer Display System (EXCDS) for London Terminal Control
Innovation Award - for concepts and solutions which raise performance
- COCTA project team: Coordinated Capacity Ordering and Trajectory Pricing for Better-Performing ATM (COCTA)
- EUROCONTROL: CONOPS for dual-frequency multi-constellation GNSS-DFMC
- MALORCA consortium: machine-learning speech recognition system for controller communications
- R-WAKE consortium: wake vortex simulation and analysis to enhance en-route separation in Europe
- US Navy deploys support in search for downed Japanese F-35A pilot
- Extreme right activists build transnational narratives online
- Brazilian defence programmes face lowest acquisition budget in ten years
- The threat from far-right extremism: rising, less predictable and hard to determine
- Highest pay raise in ten years for military personnel, reveals US FY20 defense budget
- First terror attack recorded in New Zealand | Jane’s Terrorism and Insurgency Centre analysis
- The results are in…the winners of the Jane’s ATC Awards have been revealed!
- Packages sent to UK transport hubs claimed by IRA in bid to create unease
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
We're hiring! Apply for Editor - Jane's Naval Weapons: A rare and exciting staff vacancy has come up to edit the wo… https://t.co/rUN6QXAC0x