Understanding the 2020 Vehicle Buyer Journey
As the global automotive industry recovers from the unparalleled COVID-19 disruption, questions remain surrounding consumer expectations, behaviors and optimal retail formats to drive a comeback.
To address this, IHS Markit has conducted a one of a kind, global consumer survey, unique in that:
- Only consumers who actually bought a vehicle during the shutdown period were surveyed
- First-time buyer insights were captured and investigated
- Corresponding loyalty and conquest behaviors and rationale were analyzed
This survey provides insight into:
- Understanding the customer's omnichannel journey to purchase and pain points
- Understanding how retail formats enabled or hindered the customer journey
- Understanding the customer's reasons for remaining or switching brands
- Understanding the customer's expectations for their next vehicle purchase
Across seven markets - China, US, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and UK - there are interesting differences to consider in prioritizing shorter-term tactical actions and setting longer-term strategies to improve customer engagement.
- Compliance status and strategy for EU vehicle manufacturing pools
- Fuel for Thought: Incorporating Consumer Expectations in the post-COVID-19 Retail Experience
- Low APR Incentives Effectively Offset COVID’s Impact
- New vehicle registrations show record share levels for SUVs
- Brexit to put UK OEMs at risk of failing local content rates?
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series: Supplier Strategy Reset
- Fuel for Thought: The Evolving Global EV Landscape
- Does the acquisition of Arm give NVIDIA the keys to autonomous driving?
Few EU vehicle manufacturers will meet their compliance targets by the end of 2020. Our whitepaper takes a look at… https://t.co/rC6T8WFvhF