TradeTech 2018: Top five highlights from Lance Uggla on how to supercharge your market data capabilities
In a keynote interview with Ulku Rowe of Google Cloud Lance discussed the evolving alternative data market and the smart technologies leveraging these data sets.
- The alternative data market is rapidly evolving, fueled not only by the collection and computation of data being simplified but also reduced storage costs. The cost of managing and distributing data is falling considerably.
- Discreet alternative data sets are popping up. The use of alternative data in retail has been used for some time but other areas are following suit. Now organizations are exploring disparate and alternative data to combine with traditional data to help make decisions.
- Data lakes have become an important tool for reducing fragmentation by bringing content together in a single location. Access to this technology allows corporates, financial institutions, governments and regulators to make better decisions.
- Investing in the latest technology doesn't have to cost millions of dollars, but it can be expensive finding the right people to leverage the technology and deliver results.
- High quality data and human input are key to delivering actionable data. People with the right skillsets are in high demand. We've come a long way from the 90's operations manager to today's Chief data and science officers. But they are ever more critical as we seek to exploit alternative data.
- Securities Finance Q2 Review
- Excess capital in 2019 stress tests allow banks to hit dividend payout targets
- How to avoid a data management headache post M&A
- IHS Markit Letter to Hong Kong Authorities on UTIs and Unmasking
- Recap of the Inside ETFs Summit: Index Construction and Evolving Best Practices
- Will index rule changes affect how European credit trades vs North America?
- IHS Markit Responds to ECB Market Consultation on EDDI
- NIRI Annual Conference 2019 - Survey Findings
Global lending revenues for Q2 2019 totaled $2.6bn, 10% below the average Q2 revenue of the last three years. Howev… https://t.co/Sedl49ACwG
Alternative data alone is not enough. Investment managers are looking for easily digestible, packaged data. Greenwi… https://t.co/Jr2fSyNiyI