Top disruptors that can transform specialty chemicals
Over the past year, disruption to the status quo has been particularly acute. "Business as usual" no longer suffices. Reducing the carbon footprint has become a top priority for business and society, driving the energy transition and the circular economy.
This transition collides with a global pandemic on a scale and severity that has been unprecedented, leaving no part of the world unscathed. Managing the pandemic and navigating a new world aspiring to carbon neutrality has shaken the specialty chemicals industry and pushed to the forefront the critical role that specialty chemicals plays in enabling and helping society.
Take a look at our infographic to see more macro-economic factors shaping the industry.
- How is the specialty chemicals industry evolving with the needs of society?
- How are disruptors driving value creation in the specialty chemicals industry?
- How will you transform your strategy to win in a world where there is no normal?
The IHS Markit Specialty Chemical Insights team tracks and analyses these disruptive truths and provides insight and analysis that allows you to piece the puzzle together and build a winning strategy. Find out more about our Specialty Chemical services.
- Display Technologies to determine consumption of display materials in the medium term
- Biodegradable Polymers: Contributing to a Sustainable Future
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- Specialty Chemicals forecast to grow 5% in 2021, 3.5% CAGR to 2026, after a 2.5% COVID-19 induced decline in 2020
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration
- 1,4-Butanediol capacity expands once again– Oh no, more BDO! (But at least this new stuff will be green.)
- The Plastics Dilemma
- Structural shift to renewable diesel brings accelerated growth in the North America market