IHS Markit reported 38 High Impact Wells (HIWs) to be drilled in 2021. Now, we’re halfway through the year. Let’s c… https://t.co/M2RwZlrN9A
The Wolin Project with Central European Petroleum
Central European Petroleum Ltd operates the Wolin block in the western part of the Polish sector of the Baltic Sea. Following the acquisition of 3D seismic and re-assessment of the existing vintage data, the company is preparing to appraise the area, targeting the Upper Permian (Zechstein) Main Dolomite reservoir developed in shallow-water facies. Two new wells - Wolin West 1 and Wolin East 1 - are planned on Europe's largest yet-to-be tested Permian-age structure, on-trend with an already discovered gas field.
With the potential of >300 MMboe, the Wolin project is about to reinvigorate activities in the region dormant for over three decades. Located next to strategically important gas infrastructure, the project is well positioned to change Poland's hydrocarbon production profile once successfully developed.
As the technical preparations for the drilling operations advance, Dr. Peter Putnam, Chairman and CEO of Central European Petroleum Ltd, talks about this potential game-changing project for Poland's gas sector to IHS Markit's Piotr Gawenda, Associate Director for Europe Regional Research.
Posted 22 July 2021
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Acceleration in Southeast Asia renewables development
- Podcast: Refining and Petrochemicals Integration
- 2021 high impact wells mid-year update
- China’s national carbon market officially opened trading
- Will lingering controversies overshadow Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill progress?
- Baltic Shale LLC - Farm-in opportunity to develop acreage in northern Poland
- LPG is king in Latin America, but recent high global prices have governments evaluating market intervention
- Eni and BP’s African joint ventures: A new IOC upstream approach for energy transition?