The Wolin Project with Central European Petroleum
Central European Petroleum Ltd operates the Wolin block in the western part of the Polish sector of the Baltic Sea. Following the acquisition of 3D seismic and re-assessment of the existing vintage data, the company is preparing to appraise the area, targeting the Upper Permian (Zechstein) Main Dolomite reservoir developed in shallow-water facies. Two new wells - Wolin West 1 and Wolin East 1 - are planned on Europe's largest yet-to-be tested Permian-age structure, on-trend with an already discovered gas field.
With the potential of >300 MMboe, the Wolin project is about to reinvigorate activities in the region dormant for over three decades. Located next to strategically important gas infrastructure, the project is well positioned to change Poland's hydrocarbon production profile once successfully developed.
As the technical preparations for the drilling operations advance, Dr. Peter Putnam, Chairman and CEO of Central European Petroleum Ltd, talks about this potential game-changing project for Poland's gas sector to IHS Markit's Piotr Gawenda, Associate Director for Europe Regional Research.
Posted 22 July 2021
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- How big is the CCUS market for equipment supplier?
- Life Cycle Analysis of emissions for propane from natural gas production in the Montney
- Southeast Asia's new energy policy announcements in pursuing clean energy transition
- Energy Security and Energy Transition: Highs and Lows in the Offshore Rig Market
- To ban or not to ban—After Germany, who is next? How could the European Union structure a ban on Russian oil?
- Southeast Asia on track for strong but uneven power demand growth amid unexpected supply bottlenecks
- Second-quarter 2022 US natural gas supply: Dry gas demand and low storage raise prices, but insufficient for meaningful supply growth
- The Russia-Ukraine crisis and the shifting environment for global upstream investment
Energy security vs energy transition: Will climate goals take a backseat against the lure of improved economics for… https://t.co/8bnzIhM6A5
We're excited to share some May highlights from the Climate and Sustainability Hub. And we’re giving you compliment… https://t.co/Bm11SGbAHK