The significance of say-on-climate resolutions - Part 1: A European overview
Since 2015, companies have been pressured by stakeholders to design environmental strategies that align business models with Paris Agreement climate goals, which calls for global warming to be capped at 1.5°C compared with pre-industrial levels.
While significant progress has been made with respect to corporate disclosure on climate change and environmental issues, there is emerging shareholder demand to provide standardized, comparable net-zero transition plans. The outcomes of ongoing investor and company engagement materialize through say-on-climate resolutions, leading to a "Say-on-climate" momentum in 2021.
In this first part of "The significance of say-on-climate resolutions" series, we will give an overview of the situation in Europe in 2021 regarding these resolutions.
For the full report, download here.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Chartis RiskTech BuySide 50: Financial Risk Analytics Wins Investment/Market Risk Category
- Defensive Strategies for the Asian USD High Yield Credit Market
- South Korea Dividends - More to be Discovered
- Top 3 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk Europe Conference
- The obstacles to better analytics adoption in private equity
- A New Report -- Retail Investors: A Changing Landscape
- APIs beat AI in the industry’s post-trade priority list
- Golden Record Corporate Actions Podcast Series - Pilot Episode: Is Data the Problem?
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00