The Plastics Dilemma
Plastics end-of-life situation gets much worse before it gets
Unprecedented investments in scaled technology and infrastructure of recycling is critical to address the increasing demand gap. Effective management of plastics waste will require a fundamental shift in priorities by all stakeholders.
Across the value chain, stakeholders are seeking effective
policy that supports a fair competitive environment.
The plastics waste dilemma isn't going away, affecting the industry and your business directly.
IHS Markit Circular
Plastics Service provides a comprehensive, scenario-based
evaluation of how the plastics value chain is expected to
transition from a linear to a circular economy.
This service helps you understand government regulations and polices, prepare a plan to mitigate risk, determine which part of your company is most vulnerable, and assess opportunities for investment.
The Circular Plastics Service will help answer the following key questions:
- How do companies define their competitive position in a circular environment?
- How do companies understand and sort through the complex interplay between production and recycling economics, emissions, societal needs, and resources?
- To what degree and at what pace will post-consumer recycling infrastructure and technology scale and accelerate to meet targets?
- What is the potential for any unintended consequences of regulations and policies along the entire value chain?
- How will economics for circularity be developed and what role will policy play?
- Display Technologies to determine consumption of display materials in the medium term
- Top disruptors that can transform specialty chemicals
- Biodegradable Polymers: Contributing to a Sustainable Future
- Global propylene demand to continue outpacing supply
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- EU Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Waste Plastic Chemical Recycling via Pyrolysis - Small-Scale vs Large-Scale
- Specialty Chemicals forecast to grow 5% in 2021, 3.5% CAGR to 2026, after a 2.5% COVID-19 induced decline in 2020
RT @IHSMarkit: Today marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities. At IHS Markit, we have created a safe space for this community t…