The impact of coronavirus on the renewables industry
Clean energy technology experts recently sat down to discuss how coronavirus (COVID-19) could impact the renewables industry. Our experts cover topics including the solar supply chain and expectation for 2020, the disruption to demand on the wind industry, and how long renewable companies can survive. Watch the discussion:
Sam Wilkinson is an associate director within the Energy Technology research team at IHS Markit.
Dr. Edurne Zoco is a research director for the Energy Technology research team at IHS Markit.
Eduard Sala de Vedruna leads the Power, Gas, Coal and Renewables team.
Francesco d'Avack is a senior analyst for the Global Renewables team at IHS Markit.
Cormac Gilligan is a research and analysis manager at IHS Markit.
Posted 26 March 2020.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Contract cancellations for offshore rigs peak in 2020 - how will the market react?
- In adapting to the energy transition, refiners diverge on business and investment strategies
- Global PV inverter market surpassed $9 billion in 2019 following record shipments
- Assessing the impact of a second coronavirus wave on fuel demand
- Managing Cost During Turbulent Times: The Untapped Potential of Data Analytics for Energy Operators
- Mexican OSV market: climbing in thin air
- Grid capability key to bolstering Vietnam’s energy fuel mix target
- Is the worst behind us? Insights into the North America onshore recovery