Exceptional demand in the United States as well as multiple 1 GW plus markets in Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Spain and A… https://t.co/SwejiXbsVB
The impact of coronavirus on the renewables industry
Clean energy technology experts recently sat down to discuss how coronavirus (COVID-19) could impact the renewables industry. Our experts cover topics including the solar supply chain and expectation for 2020, the disruption to demand on the wind industry, and how long renewable companies can survive. Watch the discussion:
Sam Wilkinson is an associate director within the Energy Technology research team at IHS Markit.
Dr. Edurne Zoco is a research director for the Energy Technology research team at IHS Markit.
Eduard Sala de Vedruna leads the Power, Gas, Coal and Renewables team.
Francesco d'Avack is a senior analyst for the Global Renewables team at IHS Markit.
Cormac Gilligan is a research and analysis manager at IHS Markit.
Posted 26 March 2020.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- China’s carbon neutral pledge: Setting the stage for another four decades of transformation
- Two-month rise in gas prices can be sustained
- Pressure mounts to allow new players to procure renewable power in South Africa
- Texas to outshine California in utility scale PV installations in 2020
- Case Study: In a future case with deep decarbonization, how would the operation and profitability forecasts evolve for various technologies?
- How decarbonisation policies will transform the biofuels industry
- Exciting Changes to IHS Markit’s North America Coal Coverage
- Heuristic assessments of LMP understate arbitrage margins for energy storage