The Gazania-1 with Africa Energy
Africa will play host to around 7 High Impact Wells within the next 12 - 18 months, three of which will be within the Orange Sub-basin - one of the most exciting frontier basins worldwide to watch this year.
The Gazania-1 well - one of the three planned Orange Sub-basin wells - will target structurally trapped oil up-dip from the only oil discovery within the basin (A-J1). The well targets are both shallower than A-J1 and up-dip. The combination translates into a relatively low risk to geological success and potentially significant porosity improvements to those observed at A-J1.
Following success in another frontier basin in 2020, Africa Energy Corp's Principal Geophysicist Tobias Tonsing talks IHS Markit's Justin Cochrane, Director for African Regional Research, through the highly anticipated well.
Justin Cochrane is a Technical Research Director for Upstream Energy at IHS Markit.
Posted 27 April 2021
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Acceleration in Southeast Asia renewables development
- Podcast: Refining and Petrochemicals Integration
- 2021 high impact wells mid-year update
- China’s national carbon market officially opened trading
- Will lingering controversies overshadow Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill progress?
- The Wolin Project with Central European Petroleum
- Baltic Shale LLC - Farm-in opportunity to develop acreage in northern Poland
- LPG is king in Latin America, but recent high global prices have governments evaluating market intervention
Shareholders aren't waiting for a court to rule on a lawsuit over a US SEC rule change that limits the introduction… https://t.co/sjxaaGiC5q
IHS Markit reported 38 High Impact Wells (HIWs) to be drilled in 2021. Now, we’re halfway through the year. Let’s c… https://t.co/M2RwZlrN9A