Evolving Material Trends in Body-in-White Webinar
This webinar will highlight key outputs of IHS Markit's Body-in-White forecast, as well as sharing the structure of the forecast
Body-in-White represents the core structure of each car, typically accounting for anywhere between 20% to 45% of the vehicle's weight, depending on the architecture and segment. As such, this is the main target for automakers to achieve weight reductions, as it is usually the heaviest portion of the car.
IHS Markit provides a 12-year forecast with model + bodystyle level information on BIW component materials, manufacturing processes and estimated weight. The forecast provides a unique and powerful granularity of data, where users can assess how and when a material change will happen on specific Body-in-White components and the impact on weight due to this material change.
Attend to find out which material is forecasted to grow at an astonishing 53.00% CAGR over the forecast period with an even steeper localized growth period.
Speaker: Edwin Pope, Principal Analyst, Automotive Lightweighting, IHS Markit
This webinar is complimentary.
- Automotive Insights - Canadian EV Information and Analysis
- An Automotive Minute with Michael Robinet: Supplier Strategy in the BEV Age
- An Automotive Minute with Stephanie Brinley - Vehicle Electrification
- Pivoting to an Electrified Future – The Automotive Industry Amps Up
- Impact of Semiconductor Shortages on the Global Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle Production
- Fuel for Thought: Vehicle loyalty grows in share and importance; Some brands top 60%
- Commitments to carbon-neutral economies accelerate the reshaping of the automotive industry
- An Automotive Minute - Tech Giants and the Auto Industry