RT @N_Behravesh: What's in store for the economy in 2020? I’ll be announcing my top 10 economic predictions for 2020 next week. Stay tuned…
The ETF Rule Proposal: Key Takeaways
The SEC ruled that there will be no differentiation in the rule set between active and passively managed ETFs. While they considered different treatment for passive ETFs (with specific data disclosure rules around tracking error being touted for passive funds), the SEC decided against it. This was a deliberate move by the SEC, as there is a proliferation of highly customized and methodologically complex indices that have rendered the difference between actively and passively managed ETFs irrelevant in their eyes. In the past, it was typically more difficult to obtain approval for actively managed ETFs due to perceived increased investment risk, so this change could lead to growth in active management.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Muni monthly summary - November 2019
- Securities Lending Program Management
- Corporate Bond Pricing Data, November 2019 Recap
- Cloud 2.0 – What to expect in financial services
- Due Diligence 2.O: How Vendor Risk Assessment Will Evolve
- Payments for Research – The View from Frankfurt
- Protests to weigh on Hong Kong SAR's dividend outlook
- Securities Lending Q3 Review
Companies with a large environmental footprint face a wide array of public and private pressures. Read our paper fo… https://t.co/HudNEYqMOm