December delivered pedestrian IPO performance, yielding 6 debuts for proceeds of $3.1B. The highly anticipated XP I… https://t.co/85lTfDIDgJ
The best defense is a good risk off-ense
Research Signals - October 2018
The month of October has witnessed some of the worst stock market corrections in history and this year saw it live up to this tendency toward volatility. As such, volatility-based metrics were successful signals in general, as demonstrated by positive performance from low beta in each of our developed market coverage universes (Table 1). Market participants will now wait to see if confidence can be restored from concerns of rising interest rates, trade wars and contracting growth outside the US, as confirmed by the slowdown in the J.P.Morgan Global Manufacturing PMI to a near two-year low.
- US: 60-Month Beta posted a significant double-digit spread performance among large caps, a level not seen since January 2016
- Developed Europe: Industry Relative TTM Dividend Yield sat alongside 60-Month Beta as positive indicators for the month
- Developed Pacific: 24-Month Value at Risk was a significant signal, especially in markets outside Japan, while Reinvestment Rate was a negative indicator in Japan
- Emerging markets: Large caps outperformed, as captured by Natural Logarithm of Market Capitalization, along with signals from the securities lending market such as Demand Supply Ratio and Implied Loan Rate
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- US dividends to hit record high in 2020
- iBoxx Liquid Leveraged Loan TRS Reaches Record Volume
- LNG JKM Option Pricing - IHS Markit's Totem - Another First
- Seven key dividend forecasts for 2020
- Is BB the place to be?
- IHS Markit Fair Value Case Study
- De-risking corporate actions processing: getting the right mix of expertise and technology
- IRS Finalizes Rules on Foreign TIN Requirements and More in Year-End Regulatory Release
Totem Commodities has hit a new milestone closing out 2019 with the publication of the first LNG DES JKM options vo… https://t.co/W6kb62htwi