The Asian USD High Yield Credit Bond Market
Following our Asian USD credit primer published last month, we further probe the high yield segment of the Asian (ex-Japan) USD credit bond market. We explore the segment's rapid growth, sector exposures, spreads, and correlations with other asset classes. We also discuss how Chinese issuers play a significant role in this segment. In this article, we will be using relevant IHS Markit iBoxx fixed income benchmarks to represent the major high yield bond markets.
Key observations indicate that Asian USD high yield credit:
- Currently has a lower level of passive assets tracking it compared with other major high yield credit markets.
- May act as a credible diversifier to a USD and EUR high yield credit portfolio.
- Has significant exposure to China issued USD bonds by market value.
- Can offer a reasonable level of bond liquidity for calibrated portfolios.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Inflating market uncertainty
- Portfolio risk management is evolving – how can your tech stack keep up?
- Australia dividends through the macroeconomy lens
- iBoxx GBP Monthly Commentary
- iBoxx EUR Index Monthly Commentary
- iBoxx ALBI Monthly Update: May 2022
- iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: May 2022
- iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Monthly Update: May 2022
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00