IHS Markit’s Shawn Ryan to participate in the We Guarantee IT panel at Advanced Advertising Summit, October 28 | Ne… https://t.co/Nui0NKhgoi
Thai new vehicle sales surge in November 2018
[Excerpt of AutoIntelligence Daily story]
New vehicle sales in Thailand surged 21.2% year on year (y/y) during November to 94,643 units, according to data released by Toyota Motor Thailand, the official compiler of automotive data in the country. Passenger vehicle sales grew by 12.8% y/y during the month to 35,446 units, while commercial vehicle (CV) sales climbed 26.9% y/y to 59,197 units.
For the year to date (YTD), industry sales are up 21.0% y/y at 928,158 units, with passenger vehicle sales surging 17.9% y/y to 359,342 units and CV sales up 23.0% y/y at 568,816 units.
Thailand is set to account for 29.2% of ASEAN light-vehicle sales in 2018, according to IHS Markit's forecast data. Furthermore, this will be the first time in five years that vehicle sales in the country will reach 1 million unit.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- US DOT makes more awards of autonomous vehicle research funding
- Canada considering adopting Californian emissions requirements
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Important production EVs, premium concepts and city cars dominate launches
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Climate change campaigners call for SUV ban
- UK government inaugurates testing facility for autonomous vehicles
- On-going talks about 400 public EV charging stations in Kolkata
- Sneak Preview: Frankfurt Motor Show 2019
- Two US senators question cybersecurity vulnerabilities of connected cars
Listen as Chris Hopson discusses global automotive demand results..."things will get worse before they get better". https://t.co/iHkHn3vnwT
Utility vehicle market crowding is on the horizon. IHS Markit expects utility offerings to increase 50% in the nex… https://t.co/MoG1WAppY3