In 2019, IHS Markit expects light-vehicle sales in Thailand will grow slowly—by 3.1% y/y to 1.04 million units—main… https://t.co/FbdrjSKIfv
Thai new vehicle sales surge in November 2018
[Excerpt of AutoIntelligence Daily story]
New vehicle sales in Thailand surged 21.2% year on year (y/y) during November to 94,643 units, according to data released by Toyota Motor Thailand, the official compiler of automotive data in the country. Passenger vehicle sales grew by 12.8% y/y during the month to 35,446 units, while commercial vehicle (CV) sales climbed 26.9% y/y to 59,197 units.
For the year to date (YTD), industry sales are up 21.0% y/y at 928,158 units, with passenger vehicle sales surging 17.9% y/y to 359,342 units and CV sales up 23.0% y/y at 568,816 units.
Thailand is set to account for 29.2% of ASEAN light-vehicle sales in 2018, according to IHS Markit's forecast data. Furthermore, this will be the first time in five years that vehicle sales in the country will reach 1 million unit.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Thai new vehicle sales jump in February 2019
- French passenger car demand grows modestly in February 2019
- UK passenger car production tumbles in January
- New vehicle sales in Malaysia surge in January, production plunges
- ASEAN light-vehicle production to grow in 2019
- Changshu city pushes for hydrogen vehicle development
- Brazilian light-vehicle registrations increase in 2018, exports drop
- Shanghai's NEV registrations hit new high in 2018
Manufacturers for the US increasingly likely to produce SUV/trucks in order to avoid stringent passenger car regula… https://t.co/nBY4dfmAjE