CERAWeek - Video of the Week Listen as Dr. Valerie Karplus, MIT, discusses "Electric Vehicles in China: A road to… https://t.co/SQKXbheZP1
Thai new vehicle sales surge in November 2018
[Excerpt of AutoIntelligence Daily story]
New vehicle sales in Thailand surged 21.2% year on year (y/y) during November to 94,643 units, according to data released by Toyota Motor Thailand, the official compiler of automotive data in the country. Passenger vehicle sales grew by 12.8% y/y during the month to 35,446 units, while commercial vehicle (CV) sales climbed 26.9% y/y to 59,197 units.
For the year to date (YTD), industry sales are up 21.0% y/y at 928,158 units, with passenger vehicle sales surging 17.9% y/y to 359,342 units and CV sales up 23.0% y/y at 568,816 units.
Thailand is set to account for 29.2% of ASEAN light-vehicle sales in 2018, according to IHS Markit's forecast data. Furthermore, this will be the first time in five years that vehicle sales in the country will reach 1 million unit.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Indian government seeks proposals for 1,000 EV charging stations under FAME-II scheme
- Continental's autonomous driving head sees significant obstacles
- Video: Outlook on mobility and shared models
- UK government consulting on mandatory EV charging points
- Autonomous vehicle testing centre opens in Ohio
- Gaping gap between EV wireless and plug-in charging technologies
- New vehicle sales in Vietnam surge over 21 percent in first half of 2019
- Brazil launches local roadmap for EVs with German government
Indian government seeks proposals for 1,000 EV charging stations under FAME-II scheme. A total of INR100 billion (U… https://t.co/kKU30TQL8h