Thai new vehicle sales surge in November 2018
[Excerpt of AutoIntelligence Daily story]
New vehicle sales in Thailand surged 21.2% year on year (y/y) during November to 94,643 units, according to data released by Toyota Motor Thailand, the official compiler of automotive data in the country. Passenger vehicle sales grew by 12.8% y/y during the month to 35,446 units, while commercial vehicle (CV) sales climbed 26.9% y/y to 59,197 units.
For the year to date (YTD), industry sales are up 21.0% y/y at 928,158 units, with passenger vehicle sales surging 17.9% y/y to 359,342 units and CV sales up 23.0% y/y at 568,816 units.
Thailand is set to account for 29.2% of ASEAN light-vehicle sales in 2018, according to IHS Markit's forecast data. Furthermore, this will be the first time in five years that vehicle sales in the country will reach 1 million unit.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- US DOT releases latest version of federal guidelines for automated vehicles
- Vehicle production in Turkey declines 6% y/y during 2019
- South Korea to increase e-mobility subsidy budget for 2020
- Tesla plans production of up to 500,000 upa at new German plant
- Automotive Industry Leaders Join IHS Markit in Key roles
- CES 2020: Technology drives architecture transformation in the vehicle, bringing disruption and opportunity
- Ola signs up over 10,000 drivers ahead of London launch
- EU passenger car registrations grow 4.9% y/y during November – ACEA