Thai new vehicle sales surge in November 2018
[Excerpt of AutoIntelligence Daily story]
New vehicle sales in Thailand surged 21.2% year on year (y/y) during November to 94,643 units, according to data released by Toyota Motor Thailand, the official compiler of automotive data in the country. Passenger vehicle sales grew by 12.8% y/y during the month to 35,446 units, while commercial vehicle (CV) sales climbed 26.9% y/y to 59,197 units.
For the year to date (YTD), industry sales are up 21.0% y/y at 928,158 units, with passenger vehicle sales surging 17.9% y/y to 359,342 units and CV sales up 23.0% y/y at 568,816 units.
Thailand is set to account for 29.2% of ASEAN light-vehicle sales in 2018, according to IHS Markit's forecast data. Furthermore, this will be the first time in five years that vehicle sales in the country will reach 1 million unit.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- California tightens availability of EV credits
- EU expects to avoid US tariffs on cars
- Sales of electrically chargeable vehicles in EU grow 51.8%
- Japan looking to subsidise compact BEVs
- The UK passenger car market went into retreat again in October, falling by 6.7% year on year
- UK government considering green number plates to identify zero-emission vehicles
- How will micromobility impact the automotive ecosystem?
- Berlin launches all-in-one mobility app
California tightens availability of EV credits. The US state of California has tightened the availability of electr… https://t.co/TzQMmnQZby