Tesla ranks number 1 in the US luxury market
Tesla delivered 24,237 new cars and crossovers to US households in January 2021, the most of any of the sixteen luxury brands. This was a 10% improvement versus January 2020, compared to a 3% decline for the overall luxury market. While this is an impressive performance given Tesla's relatively recent entry into the luxury market, it is not the first time Tesla has reached the top of the luxury space. Tesla ranked number one in January 2019 as well, followed by a third place finish in January 2020. While Tesla currently markets four models in the United States, its climb to the top of the luxury sales charts has been driven in large part by the success of the Model 3 and Model Y.
- Major revision for global light vehicle forecast, production impacted well into 2022
- Medium Heavy Commercial Vehicles: The other face of the pandemic in Brazil
- Fuel for Thought: A Rocky Recovery in the Second Year of the Pandemic
- Substantial Internal Cannibalization for Incremental Models
- IAA Mobility 2021: Germany’s new auto show to focus on electric autonomous vehicles and mobility
- Hybrid: Bridge to Electrification – August 2021
- How will 5G impact the driving experience for the consumer?
- Brand Loyalty Among US Auto Consumers Drops to Six-Year Low
IHS Markit is excited to attend MOVE this year. As the leading thought leader in automotive mobility, we are keen t… https://t.co/imEluizURo
Register now for our retail webinar: Improve your audience targeting with best practices. Learn data-driven strateg… https://t.co/uL60Sw4kJO